11.2

This part is dedicated to Chessie-cat - thanks for reading BD and welcome to the club :D

-

Though my sleep was restless, I had a decent amount of it which made up for the fact that I woke up frequently. Mom made some breakfast and didn't hide her smug expression when I couldn't answer her when the flat was going to be ready. Annoyed, I hid in my room and started painting a picture that I'd looked up on the internet, trying to give it a more personal feeling. Working on something from my own life doesn't feel like a good idea, so here I am.

At around ten, my phone buzzes, broadcasting an unknown number. There's this weird feeling of foreboding inside me - and it's quite strong. Sighing heavily, I give up as that guy calls for the third time in a row.

"Hello?" I answer casually, just in case it's someone else. That laughter that is unmistakably not Dael's but sounds pretty similar blows away any doubt.

"It's me. How are you?"

"And who is ‚me'?" He's annoying. Not that I don't know, but I'd like to attach a name to that face.

"Oh my, did I forgot to introduce myself? I'm Tristan, but you can just call me Tris!" he chirps happily and I roll my eyes in exasperation.

"Well, hello Tristan," I greet him, making sure to show that I'm not going to use any kind of nickname since I have no intention of getting familiar with him. Basically, I'm humouring him because he's a vampire and those guys are trouble, so I simply hope he's going to get tired of bothering me quickly.

"Woah, so cold. Come on, you can call me Tris, it's alright." He laughs as if I'm just being shy or something along those lines. I sigh heavily and put my brush aside.

"What do you want, Tristan?" I inquire flatly, causing him to laugh yet again. Talking to him like that, I have no idea how I could have mistaken him for anything remotely close to Dael. He is obnoxious.

"We didn't really get to talk, so I thought we could meet!"

"I'm sorry, but I've got to work later, so it's a no," I decline, hoping that he'll leave it at that. Of course, there's no way something like that is going to happen when I'm talking to a vampire. As if there's any way in hell those guys have the slightest intention of listening to me. Somehow, talking to him makes me even angrier with Dael than I am already.

"No problem, then I'll just drop by when you're working! We can hang out afterwards," he says happily. I wonder if he's really stupid or simply cunning. Maybe a weird mixture. Probably.

"Do whatever the hell you want," I groan. It's not like I can stop him from doing that anyway, so I might as well end the discussion before it starts. He laughs yet again and I realize just how much I dislike his personality. He's like the stupids, just less lovey-dovey and even more stupid, and also looking like Dael.

"Good, I'm going to do that anyways. See you later, then."

I don't bother with saying anything else and just hang up on him. No way in hell am I going to be able to paint anything that has anything to do with my current situation. Not necessarily because I can't, but because I don't feel like dealing with my issues right now. Then again, it's not like vampires have shown any sign of considering my feelings before, so about an hour later, Dael calls me to inform me that he's going to come over and get my things.

Thus, I spent the last hour stuffing my clothes into bags, forcing my computer into a box and carefully preparing my painting materials for transport. I'm amazed at how quickly I managed to pull that off. Then again, I'm annoyed as hell and fuelled by rage. Outrage. I've got a lot of that.