2.4

At about eleven, Sebastiano informs me that I should be in Dael's room in half an hour. Taking a quick shower, I clean myself roughly, then brush my teeth and put on fresh clothes. I'm at his door way too early, so I simply lean against the wall and wait. A short while later, Dael comes up the stairs, regarding me questioningly.

"You could've waited inside", he says softly and I can't help the small smile that tugs at my lips. Apparently, he's in a good mood – and since no one can know how long those last, I guess I should enjoy. "I'm not that bad."

I smirk at him, raising my hand in front of my face, holding my forefinger so close to my thumb it's barely hovering above it. Dael rolls his eyes at me, then steps past me and enters his room. I follow him inside. Someone's placed several bouquets of lilies onto different tables. I take a deep breath, filling my nostrils with their soft smell.

"I can have Sebastiano bring some to your room as well", he suggests, sitting down on his bed with his legs crossed. I remain standing, unsure why exactly he called me to be with him.

"Won't fit in with the Lavendula", I reply with a shrug, scratching my neck as I let my eyes roam the room nervously. He pats on the sheets next to himself and I sit down, wondering what he wants from me.

"I considered your previous desire and have concluded that I won't mind sleeping next to you every now and then", he explains smugly. Oh. I blush fervently, averting my eyes. I knew he'd read my thoughts. Still, that's private and I don't like people prying. Besides, I suspected he didn't sleep. "I do. Just not much. I need less sleep now that I've got this new energy drink at my disposal."

"Explains why I need more", I grumble, still not looking at him. He places a hand on my thigh, leaning closer until his nose touches my temple. He rubs it across my skin, causing me to shiver. Shit. This is nice. Sure, sex is great and everything, at least as long as I ignore the biting, which is pretty difficult, but this is different. It's like a fond smile. A caring embrace.

"You know, you're always so composed. It's good to know what you're thinking", he whispers, resting his forehead against the side of mine. Meaning he will keep feeding on me enough to stay informed. I scowl, wanting him to stop prying. "Come on, it's too interesting to stop. You'd never tell me what's going on in your head."

"It's my decision", I point out, my jaw tense as I stare into the room. He chuckles, his chest moving against my shoulder. Slowly, he draws circles on my stomach with the tips of his fingers. I hate it. It's like he's being nice to me while being an asshole at the same time. Because, basically, he's making it clear who gets to decide what I get and what I don't.

"Just stop fretting about it. I am being nice to you right now, after all", he says, pushing me down onto the bed softly. He lays down beside me, head propped up on one hand, continuing to caress my stomach as he slips his fingers underneath my shirt. Sighing, I close my eyes, giving in. Just because I don't get everything I want doesn't mean I won't get anything.

"I want to keep going to college", I admit, trying to guess his reaction since I'm not looking at him. His fingers keep moving across my skin, undisturbed.

"You're exhausted as it is. I doubt you can keep this up if you're studying at the same time", he argues, though he doesn't sound against it, either. Meaning I can, as long as I don't neglect my duties.

"You said humans need freedom", I quote him and he tenses as his fingers stop moving. He rests his hand on my stomach. After a while, he curses under his breath, making me open my eyes to get a look at his face.

"Fine. But you're not going anywhere else. I'll have Sebastiano drop you off and take you home every day. And if I think you're overdoing it, that's it", he agrees grumpily. Well, if we're already at it, might as well push it a little further. He narrows his eyes at me. "What now?"

"I want some painting materials. Watercolours, brushes, stuff like that."

"And during which time of the day do you intend to use them?" he asks flatly. So he's seriously bothered by the prospect of me doing anything that might compromise our time together. I get it, he's paying, but not that much considering he wants me to sit in my room bored and wait for him to spend time with me.

"Just in case you've got something else to do. It's not like I can't pause when I'm painting", I explain with a shrug, closing my eyes again with a sigh. "Besides, it's what I do. I see something I like, I paint it. I ponder on a memory, I paint it. I think about my feelings, I paint them. Helps me deal with my life. It's weird to be unable to do it. Like I can't put anything to rest."

"That's the most you've said to me since you arrived", he observes casually, causing me to groan in annoyance. That's exactly the reason I don't talk to people. Every time I have something to say, it's like this big revelation - as if they're expecting me to be mute or unable to say more than one sentence in one go. His fingers resume their task of drawing circles on my skin.

"You'll get your brushes, so calm down. Sebastiano has told me that you spend most of your time in front of the TV anyways. I'd rather have you do something useful", he gives in, though I suspect he intended to find me a past time that is more to his liking anyway. Well, I would've preferred to do my workout instead of lounging on the couch but thanks to a certain someone, my body isn't in shape to exercise.

Suddenly, his fingers slam down on my chest, pinning me to the bed. I flinch, already expecting the pain as his other hand holds me down at my hip and his fangs sink into my skin just above my navel. Still, I scream - in surprise and in pain. Hissing, I lower my head back onto the bed, cursing him inwardly. Biting monster. He moans against my skin, then pulls his head back.

"You can't imagine how delicious you are", he says approvingly, lying down next to me again. He pulls me close so his chin rests on my head. Sighing, I breathe in his scent, trying to busy myself with a sensation other than the pain tingling inside my stomach. How many times has he bitten me already? Definitely more than ten times, and maybe close to twenty.

"Does it matter?" he asks, resuming his caress of my skin. Not really, I guess. I'm just comparing it to what I signed up for, though thinking about that won't lead to anything either. Grumbling, I roll onto my side, snuggling up to him with my arms between us. I take hold of his shirt, nuzzling my nose against the soft fabric.

"You said something about sleeping", I mumble, my mind already shutting down. He nods carefully, wrapping one arm around my body and resting his head on the other one. He lifts one leg to pull me closer, then leaves it where it is; on top of me. 

_______________________________

Dael is gradually being nicer to Ally, but maybe that's just because I'm taking his side. What do you think of the vampire?

XOXO T.