4.2

"Have a nice day, Allorian. Sebastiano will pick you up later", he whispers softly. I grip the straps of my bag and flee into the building, followed by curious eyes. Suddenly, I regret asking him to let me go. He doesn't do anything without an ulterior motive. Just because I can't figure it out doesn't mean it's not there. It's just a question of time until he reveals it to me. Like that just now. Him being nice is nothing more than a facade.

I enter the auditorium, taking a seat at the back. Not what I usually do, but I want to curl up and hide. The storm will blow over eventually. As long as I can endure it until then, everything's going to be fine. I'm not here to make friends.

A girl sits down next to me, staring at me openly, eyes wide.

"Did that hurt?" she asks, not even bothering with introductions. Shit. This is going to be worse than I thought. Maybe that's why he did it. Because he wants me to go to him and tell him that this was a terrible idea and I'm satisfied with staying with him. I'm his anyways, like he pointed out. How insolent of me to propose I might need anything else besides his company.

I scowl.

"Uhm, hello? I asked you a question."

And I'm not bothering with her.

"Jerk", she hisses and gets up, leaving me alone. I cross my arms in front of my chest, looking about as miserable as I feel. Can't remember the last time I was this expressionate concerning my feelings. At least if I don't consider painting. Most people don't think that counts.

Two guys sit down in the chairs in front of me, then turn around to look me over.

"You're one of those vampire fuckers?" the blond one asks disapprovingly. So, I guess that girl just now was kind of a fangirl, and they are the haters. I take a deep breath, trying to calm my racing heart. All I want to do is to study in peace.

"Probably. Or why would he let him bite him?" the brown haired one adds, his voice full of disgust. I'm sure they like homosexuals just as much as they like vampires.

"What? Can't talk? Did he rip out your tongue or what?" blondie snarls at me, obviously annoyed that I'm not reacting to the taunting. I bother looking at him, though just long enough to push my tongue out, showcasing how beautifully intact it is. Then I return to focusing my attention on the blackboard, though the prof's not even here yet.

"Thinking you're something better, huh? You're not. You're the same as a pig."

I sigh, gritting my teeth. Keep reminding me why I hate people. Seriously, after I get home, I'm going to spend the rest of the day painting – and if Dael intends to interfere, I'll tell him he should consider the effects of his actions a bit more. Well, I like to think that. But I know I'll just do whatever he tells me to do, putting up with his bullshit.

"You-" I narrow my eyes at blondie before he can say anything else. He flinches, squeaking like a high school girl. The two jump up quickly, leaving me alone.

Considering that I haven't practised intimidation before, I'm doing pretty well. Or they're just little pussies crying for their mom when something doesn't go the way they want it to.

The lesson starts without anyone approaching me and I concentrate on the topic. As I leave the auditorium to go to the one where the next lecture will be given, a guy approaches me, wearing sunglasses. He lowers them slightly, revealing red eyes.

"I'm with you", he says with a big smile.

Oh no.

"These are fake. Fuck off", I tell him flatly. The grin falls from his lips and he stops following me. Sighing, I rub the back of my nose, annoyed by the fact that literally everyone is looking at me.

For the next lesson, I try sitting in the front row. Maybe people won't approach me since the prof's in the auditorium already and able to listen to anything I say.

"Young man, it's not that I have anything against you or anything, and it's your own choice how you live your life, but I'd rather have you sit further away from me."

Great. And she couldn't have bothered telling me that before the lecture had started and everyone was silent. I fix my gaze on my feet as I make my way to the last row. Thinking this is about as bad as it can get, I manage to calm down.

On my way to the third lecture, someone jumps at me from behind, holding on to my shoulders to bite my neck. Not that I'm a violent kind of person, but enough is enough.

He ends up on the floor, nose bleeding, begging me to stop. Sighing, I continue on. This time, I make sure to sit as far away from the prof as possible. As I try to leave afterwards, he asks me to stay for a second, then shows me the video that some social no-brainer already posted on our university's facebook page. My scream echoes from his cellphone. If I weren't so pissed off, I think I would blush, embarrassed.

"So what?" I ask flatly and he looks up at me, confused.

"Well, this isn't good."

"Why not?" I scoff at him.

"Well, you shouldn't be doing things like that."

"Like what?"

I narrow my eyes at him, making him flinch as I tower over him, glaring. Everyone thinks it's their business. The girl who wants in on the action. The guy who feels threatened by everyone who's different. The woman who's disgusted because thinking otherwise wouldn't be appropriate. The idiot who wants to make fun of everyone else to make himself look better. And now this man, assuming he has to help me change my life for the better because it's not what he imagines it should be.

"Let me tell you something", I hiss and he takes a step backwards, probably afraid I'm going to hit him. I might. "If I decide to let a vampire sink his fangs into me, that's my decision. And – just so we're on the same page – I'm sucking his dick and letting him fuck my ass, as well. Any more questions?"

He shakes his head fervently and I leave.

Sebastiano is already waiting at the entrance, ready to take me home after six terribly long hours. He doesn't say a word, not even a greeting. I guess the look on my face is really that bad, though I don't even know what it is I'm doing. Don't care.

____________

Uh, I guess people suck? I feel so bad for Ally.

Do you think he should just pack up and leave? I mean, his mom told him not to do anything stupid...

Anyway, extra update! I've gotten around to doing some editing, so I'll supply you guys with a couple of parts the next few weeks, I think.

Thank you so much for reading up to this point :D I'd be super excited if you left a sign that you've been here. Always happy to hear from my readers <3

XOXO T.