8.2

I'm dedicating this part to Hikari_vongola - thank you for leaving so many votes on BD. I'm glad to see that you're enjoying the story, and I hope it will keep you hooked in the future.

-

I finish the food, then return to the room, eyeing Dael warily who's lying on my bed, reading a fantasy novel. So, he's gone through my stuff. Didn't expect anything else.

„You know my sense of smell isn't my only keen sense?" he asks without looking up at me. Sighing, I walk over to the bed, letting myself fall down onto it.

„Yeah, but you still sniff, so I doubt you just accidentally hear what people say two rooms away."

„It's quiet in here and the cat's stopped purring since it fell asleep, so it's not like I could help to overhear."

„Well, I guess it doesn't matter. We didn't discuss anything you weren't allowed to hear."

„So she does approve, huh?"

„You call that approval?" I smirk. Finally, he's looking up from the book, then shrugs, putting it aside. He crawls over to me, now the one who's leaning over me, staring into my eyes intently while he puts a hand on my cheek. His thumb caresses my skin tenderly. My breath hitches.

„Thinking again how pretty I am?" he whispers, leaning closer while I blush fervently, averting my eyes. So, if he sets his mind on it, he's actually decent at figuring out my thoughts. I chew on the inside of my lip, feeling slightly uncomfortable. Somehow it's different now that I've told him I'm in love with him. Dael chuckles.

„Don't laugh at me, idiot," I mumble while playing with the sheets with my fingers because I feel the need to occupy them. Out of the corner of my eyes, I watch his face closes in on mine until his lips touch my jawline.

„But you're really cute," he argues, his breath brushing my skin with every word. I clutch at the sheets, tensing to keep my body from going crazy. Suddenly, it's hot. He's hot. God.

„I don't think I'll be able to endure this for two days," I admit guiltily, turning my face towards him. But he doesn't move away, so our lips touch – and I can't help but greet them hungrily, slipping my tongue out to taste him. Dael replies in kind, growling that feral sound that leaves me trembling. I moan into the kiss.

His hand slips underneath my pants, including my briefs, and I thrust my hip upwards. As he starts stroking me, I wrap my arms around his shoulders, panting heavily. His lips brush against my neck, then he flips his tongue out, licking the tender skin.

„I'm so going to regret this," he grunts, gripping me hard as he thrusts his fangs into me. I scream in pain and dig my nails into his back, though before they can sink in, he jerks away, pressing a hand in front of his nose and mouth, disgust written all over his face. A second later, mom bursts into the room, lifting one of her crutches in a threatening gesture. Then her gaze falls onto my half-opened pants and she lowers her weapon slowly.

„Uh, mom, everything's fine, so could you?" I ask submissively, waving her away with a small gesture. She glares at Dael, who doesn't even bother with her because he's busy grimacing in disgust, then retreats, closing the door slowly behind her.

„I thought if I could stand your smell, it wouldn't be too bad," he explains, though it sounds more like he's talking to himself. Cursing under his breath, he gets up from the bed, then gets on his knees in front of it to pull Freckles out from his hiding spot. He lifts the cat to his nose, inhaling the scent.

„Seriously? You're telling me he smells better than I do?"

„Severely."

Sighing, I roll onto my stomach, watching him as he sits down on the bed again, still holding Freckles close to his face. So much for satisfying my natural urges. Groaning, I bury my face in the sheets.

„How long until I taste the same as before?"

„Three months."

„That's longer than we know each other," I observe pointedly.

„Tell that to your body. But I think I'll be able to bear with it soon. At least I hope so," he sighs. „The first month's going to be the worst. But even if you taste only a percentage as good as you did before, you're still tastier than most humans out there."

„I guess I can take that as a compliment?"

„Coming from a vampire, most definitely."

„So, want to go out for a bit?" I ask, tilting my head to the side to glance up at him. „I don't think us being stuck here will help with, you know."

„If you feel up for it," he says, sounding slightly concerned. Carefully, he sets Freckles down onto the bed next to him, watching me intently. „Though it seems like you've gotten a lot better."

„I still sleep most of the time, but who knows, some fresh air might help," I reply with a shrug, then get up from the bed, stretching. „As long as you're fine with hanging out at a park or something like that. Nothing too fancy."

„If it's what you want to do, I'm fine with anything," he smiles disarmingly, causing my heart to jump happily. Blushing, I turn around, fumbling at my pants to close them again. Somehow, I still can't handle these feelings. He's been inside my head and I confessed already, but when he looks at me like that, I melt away instantly. „Your ears are red. Thinking perverted stuff again?"

„No," I grunt, scratching the back of my neck nervously as I walk to the door. That's what's so confusing about this. It's not about sex. No matter how much he touches me, I doubt it'll satisfy this certain need – and I don't know what else I could want from him. Huh, that's a lie. „So, you're coming?"

„Sure," he replies casually, jumping up from the bed to follow me outside with long strides.

„Mom! We're heading out!" I call towards the living room, where she's sitting on the couch. She waves a hand in goodbye, her back to us, simply acknowledging that she's heard me. We leave the flat, walking down the stairway in silence. His red cabriolet is parked right in front of our door. „You know you're not allowed to park here?"

„So what? You don't think anyone would dare to haul off my car. The police know who it belongs to." Dael shrugs, opening the slim door for me. I shake my head at him in disbelief, though I enjoy the act of courtesy. He's living in a different world, that's for sure. Makes me wonder if living together will work out as smoothly as we want it to. I sigh. „What's up with the solemn attitude? It's our first date."

„I like the sound of that," I reply lightly, managing a small smile as I watch him sit down on the driver's seat. He's truly a sight to behold. Shirt stretching nicely at his chest, red eyes sparkling mysteriously in the bright sun. My breath hitches. His fingers grip the wheel and he starts the engine.

„Good. Just don't expect me to buy you flowers," he teases, glancing backwards. With a start, the car speeds out onto the street, pressing me against the seat. Dael chuckles, obviously amused by the prospect of me losing my life to his insane driving.

„Please remember that I'm still mortal over here," I grumble as I force my muscles to relax, even though he's not bothering with traffic regulations at all.

„Don't worry. If anyone causes an accident, I'll kill the bastard," he assures me casually, eyes on the road. Sighing, I fasten my seatbelt. He completely missed the point, but I don't want to argue about anything stupid, just in case things could go wrong again. As he said, it's our first date and I want to enjoy it.

Flinching, I avert my gaze to watch the passing scenery. Because that train of thought automatically leads to another. We're dating. We're going to move in together. We're boyfriend and boyfriend.