3.1 Art

He's cradling me with an arm around my shoulder while the other is cushioning his head right above mine. His hand rests in front of my chest limply and he mumbles incomprehensibly in his sleep. My heart flutters happily, making me feel warm and comfortable as I push myself closer, my back against his broad chest that heaves slightly with every breath he takes. His morning-wood is hard against my rear.

"Good morning, Allorian", he purrs huskily, his voice still thick with sleep and dark as buckwheat honey. It sends a spark through my body that causes me to tense immediately while my own erection twitches happily. Dael shifts so he can run the tips of his fingers across my stomach. I moan appreciatively.

"Good morning, Dael", I reply in kind and tilt my head so I can rub my cheek against his chin. From the corner of my eyes, I watch a lazy smile take over his lips before he places a soft kiss onto my hair. I conclude that he should get a lot more sleep because it does wonders for his mood.

"Does it?" Dael chuckles, pulling me so close I debate if he wants to squeeze me to death. "I do enjoy holding you like this, though."

Good to know I'm not the only one enjoying this. After all, the cuddling-after-sex part was my idea and I wasn't sure what had brought on this change of mind. Dael pulls backward and rolls me onto my back so that I'm able to look up at him. He glares down at me, ruby eyes sparkling threateningly, making me flinch in instinctive fear.

"I agree that you'd be stupid not to be afraid, but you don't have to flinch like that", he remarks drily, a smirk tugging at his lips. I scowl at him. The cozy atmosphere is gone but when I want to sit up straight, he holds me down with a flat hand on my chest. Next thing I know, a familiar pain explodes at my neckline as he hurls himself at me, fangs bared and sucking hard. His fingers curl and his nails scratch across my skin.

"Fuck", I grunt in pain while my vision becomes all blurry and I feel light-headed. Apparently, serving as his breakfast is no good this early in the morning. Swearing under my breath, I allow my lids to drop shut as the world around me begins to spin. Dael sucks hard one last time, moaning loudly against my skin, then pulls away. Shitty bastard. So much for being nice to me.

"I am being nice to you", he points out smugly before crawling out of bed. My eyes follow him half-heartedly, glued to the immaculate skin of his well-toned body. I hate him biting me, but I still prefer biting and fucking to not fucking at all. Dael turns his face in my direction, smiling knowingly. Biting monster. I narrow my eyes at him to prove a point.

"Don't blame me for needing a little breakfast", he says lightly and shrugs before putting his clothes on. When he's done, he simply leaves the room, apparently not caring about what I'm intending to do with my time. Groaning, I bury my face in the pillow and inhale his earthen scent. I can't follow his mood swings.

Since I have nothing better to do than return to my loft, I stay engulfed in his sheets until Sebastiano enters the room with a knock, softly startling me out of my doze. I blink several times before remembering where exactly I am, who I'd been expecting to stand at the foot of the bed and who is actually there. The small servant gestures towards a tray of food that he just pushed inside on a wheeled table.

"I brought you your breakfast; waffles, since you seemed to like them so much", he tells me and my mouth waters at the mere thought. I get up quickly, not caring about my nakedness, and practically moan at the sight of dough drenched in maple syrup.

"Sebastiano, I love you", I state firmly.

"I still don't think the master would appreciate you saying this to me", he chastises me and sighs, then disappears into an adjoining room. He returns with a dove blue bathrobe, pointedly refusing to even glance at my body. Instead, he stares straight into my eyes while handing it to me, making me chuckle. I still can't help but think he's cute, being so serious and all.

He gestures for me to sit down at a table, then arranges the food in front of me. I ignore the cutlery he provides me with, simply digging in with my fingers. The waffles are heavenly soft and deliciously sticky. Sebastiano wrinkles his nose in disgust, but who am I to care about that. I grin happily.

"I am glad to see you in such high spirits", he comments drily while I munch my waffles. I suck the maple syrup from my fingers, relishing the liquid sugar and moaning contently. Clearing his throat pointedly, Sebastiano averts his eyes. The little prude.

"Sebastiano, your waffles are fucking awesome", I declare with a nod, confusing him slightly. He furrows his brow.

"I'm not a cook, but I will relay the message. Nonetheless, I am glad to know how to please you", he says tersely. Now if that did not sound wrong, I don't know what does. I wonder what Dael is up to.

"Is Dael working?" I ask curiously.

"Yes, the master has important issues to attend to", Sebastiano informs me dutifully, making me glance up at him in surprise. Well, not that I expected anything else. He seems rather good at following orders and apparently, each question is an implicit order to answer.

"Sebastiano, are you gay?" I inquire, looking up at him with a mouth full of waffles and maple syrup coating my lips. I admit I am unusually chatty, but the servant is easy to talk to - probably because he's being paid to take care of me. Seriously, keeping me must be costing Dael a fortune. Kind of flattering, I guess, in its own weird way.

Sebastiano sighs heavily.

"I would be very grateful if you would refrain from trying to discuss these topics with me", he replies with a hint of exasperation. I notice him shifting uncomfortably, though I can't decide whether he minds because he doesn't want to talk about it or because he's afraid Dael is going to make a fuss. The latter, most probably.

When I am done with cleaning the plate of maple syrup with my fingers, Sebastiano takes it away from me almost too eagerly, and informs me that I should go back to my room. He's referring to my loft, of course. I find my way there easily, already acquainted to some outlines of the mansion, though there is still so much to explore – and since I'm on my own anyway, I decide it is the perfect time to stick my nose where it does not belong.

Hell, he can't blame me for looking around. Well, of course he can. He's Dael fucking vampire Leandro who's above caring about any social boundaries. Not that I'm one to talk about when it comes to that, especially now that I'm spying on his home.

"Practically my home as well", I mutter as I carefully push open a door, glancing inside through the small opening I created. Though the room is beautifully decorated with pristinely white orchids, there's nothing special about it otherwise. A white leather couch stands to my right, facing a wall fronted with windows that overlook Dael's lavish gardens. I close the door behind me.

The walls are lined with photographs, though I cannot find him on any of them. Most of the people have ruby eyes, though, and I quickly find one of the guy with curly red hair that he had embraced so passionately at that fun get-together the previous day. Wondering about their history, I trail along the wall but cannot find anything else that's particularly interesting. There's a picture of the stupids but who cares about them.

I make my way towards the window front and open the door onto the balcony that overlooks the gardens. My naked feet make a slapping sound on the rough grey stones as I step close to the railing. Water splashes in a fountain right below me and there's a pool not even a minute's walk away.

Someone clears his throat behind me and I turn around quickly, just to see Sebastiano standing in the middle of the room, looking exasperated. The way you'd look when you have to say something thrice because the other part of the conversation isn't really listening.

"The master wants you to return to your room. And to refrain from wandering around unless given permission", he tells me matter-of-factly. Of course.

________________________

Uh-oh. Well, Dael has eyes everywhere.

XOXO T.