9.3

Dedicating this part to LaffyTaffy9 who just started with BD - but I hope you'll stay with Ally and reach this far at some point :D 

-

"There's nothing wrong with it." Dael scratches his neck, then heaves a sigh. "Could you just not push that topic for while?"

"You're the one who's being pushy," I snap, because being dismissed like that hurts. I have a concern? Well, he doesn't want to talk about it, so that's it.

Yes, he's got a few screws loose and talking about that isn't easy, but he's not being considerate at all.

"Because I want us to live together?" he remarks mirthlessly, shaking his head at me. "Sure. Because it's such a ridiculous idea for us to get to know each other better before talking about those things."

"How about we just date like normal people?" I suggest, exasperated – and slightly louder than intended. Swallowing hard, I try to gain better control over my voice.

"Why are you so intent on doing everything like normal people do? Besides, we're on a date right now," he argues, sounding as stressed out as I feel.

"Yeah, that's going great. With you being out all night doing whatever," I scoff, rolling my eyes at him.

"I've been working," he stresses.

"Sure," I huff, crossing my arms in front of my chest as I stare at him accusingly. Dael rolls his eyes at me before turning his back towards me once more. Great.

"Believe whatever you want."

"I will!" I'm too bothered to control my voice. "And you know why? Because every fucking time I feel insecure you either push until I give in or you get angry and drop it! Hell, you get angry every single fucking time anyways!"

"It's not my fault if you don't know what you want!" he snaps just as loudly, sitting up with a start.

"I know what I want! You don't! You want me to commit to you but you refuse to do it yourself. How do you expect me to feel if it's like that? You're all like ‚You're mine' and ‚We're going to live together asap' and ‚I really want to cripple you so you can't run away any more' but-"

He silences me with a kiss and I simply stare at him dumbfounded as he looks directly into my eyes.

"I'm sorry."

There goes my anger. I avert my eyes, feeling lost all of a sudden because I don't know what to feel at all. It's annoying how he can pacify me with no more than a kiss and those few words – and it's disgusting how it makes me incredibly happy.

"It's not fair," I mumble as the bliss bubbles up inside of me, threatening to put a smile on my lips. "It's not my fault bad things happened to you."

"I know," he sighs and puts an arm around my shoulders. Carefully, he pulls me into an embrace. My face rests against his chest. The position is uncomfortable, but somehow, it's perfect. "But I was just working, I promise. Though it's cute to see you jealous."

"You're stupid," I grumble, still unable to be angry with him. All I want is for him to keep holding me close like this.

"I know. And I know it's bothering you. I like you, a lot. So, just let me come to terms with some things first, okay?"

I guess it's the closest thing to a confession I'm going to get out of him, so I nod. Dael squeezes me lightly before lowering me onto the bed carefully.

"How long until you come to terms with it?"

"Allorian." I shiver at the pronunciation as if I could feel his tongue caressing my name. That's unfair. He's playing his cards right and I'm totally going for it.