7.3

„And here I thought I'd have a say," I scoff. „You know, we were supposed to look together. Like normal people do when they decide to move in together."

„It's the closest place that's big enough," he informs me with a shrug, sitting up on my hips. Sighing, I prop myself up on my elbows, pretty sure I can already guess where this is going. Close doesn't even come close to what I intended to be close and since he's got problems finding a place for two people, he obviously thinks he's going to take his staff with him.

„Not going to happen. I want to be able to reach the bar on foot within twenty minutes. And I'm not going to have servants lurking around every corner at my own place," I tell him flatly, not flinching even though his jaw tenses. And here we go again. I wonder if we'll ever get past the point of finding things to argue about.

„I didn't plan to bring everyone. But I need an assistant. And someone has to take care of the place," he argues, his voice strained as he forces himself to remain calm. Probably thinking about threatening me. Probably will threaten me if I don't comply, but my decision's final. We've been over this. He has to learn to deal with people without resorting to violence.

„No. You can rip off my hand for all I care," I state defiantly. His brow twitches dangerously as he narrows his eyes at me, fists clenched. He's so tense, the muscles on his arms stand out.

„Stop acting like a child. I need to work," he snaps, starting to sound slightly angry. Meaning he's boiling inside. Now, who's a child?

„Then go to work. Like normal people," I stress, talking slowly as if he had problems understanding what I'm saying. Well, he has.

„Fine. And who'll take care of the place? Cook for you?"

„You can't be serious," I sigh exasperated and roll my eyes at him. „Ever heard of a freezer? It's a magical device to store food for a long time. Then you just put it in the oven and wait and *bing* it's ready."

„Don't get cheeky," he snarls, suddenly close as he leans down, weight resting on his hands on both sides of my head. All I can see out of the corner of my eyes are his muscular arms. „That's unhealthy."

„Frozen pizza or being cheeky?" I ask, raising my eyebrows questioningly. His lips tremble, curling back slightly to reveal sharp fangs. A cold shiver runs down my back, causing my heart to clench. So much for telling Sig that he's not going to hurt me. Should have thought a bit more before opening that big mouth of mine. Probably bit off more than I can swallow.

„So, you're ready to be more reasonable?" he whispers, his voice barely audible. My heart hammers against my chest so hard I can feel the vibration along my ribcage. Still, if I give in now, that's it. I'm not going to be a prisoner inside my own home.

„I want to live with you, not a bunch of other people," I manage to say, though no matter how much I try to control my voice, it's still shaking. He chuckles mirthlessly.

„You're about to pee your pants and you still think you can talk back to me?"

„Screw you," I spit back. That sounded far weaker than I intended it to. My jaw tenses. He leans closer slowly, staring into my eyes coldly. Suddenly, something in his gaze changes – and I flinch, but it's too late. His fingers around my neck, he pushes me down onto the mattress. Shit. Would've screamed like a bitch if I could get any air past my throat.

„You know, I think I've been playing really nice with you, so do us both a favour and get off your high horse," he says sweetly, a tender smile on his lips. I'm stunned, unable to look away. He's fucking insane. I crane my neck, trying to find a position that allows me to breathe at least shallowly. „I've been looking forward to moving in together, so indulge me."