3.4

I've been asleep for at least two hours already when someone nudges me in the side roughly. I roll away from the edge of the bed and the assault, but my assailant is persistent. Groaning, I slap in the direction the foot must be coming from. Of course, I'm not hitting anything. Maybe that's for the best.

"You can come to my room now", Dael informs me while I manage to open my tired eyes to slits. He's standing in front of my bed, hands on his hips, looking at me expectantly.

"Dael, it's fucking-" I glance at the nightstand, but can't find a clock on it, "fucking middle of the night. Fuck me here if you have to."

He frowns disapprovingly.

"Just get up from the bed. Now", he stresses impatiently. I growl in defiance, though very quietly, and crawl out of bed. Dael's gaze roams my naked body and the predatory glow of his ruby eyes makes me shiver in anticipation. For the life of me, I cannot say whether pleasant or frightened. But he doesn't approach me. Instead, Dael clears his throat and walks away.

I follow him back to his bedroom where I'm greeted by dim candlelight. Dael shrugs off his suit, carelessly dropping his clothes to the floor until he's just as naked as I am. When he gestures towards the sheets, I make my way over and slip beneath them, bathing in his earthen scent. I can't help but inhale deeply. Dael smiles, then his face is engulfed by darkness as he blows out the candles on the nightstand.

While comfortably sensual, this is strangely asexual.

He wraps his arms around me from behind and pulls me close against his warm chest. We both sigh heavily at the same time, relaxing into the embrace. He kisses the top of my head, the side of it, then nibbles at my outer ear. I moan when he pushes his tongue into the sensitive recess close to my jaw. Yeah, I'm tired and we could've just done that in the loft, but it's nice anyway.

I hiss in surprise as his fangs scrape across my neck, not yet breaking skin. The anticipation makes me tense and I dig my fingers into his arm that's keeping me close at my chest. He kisses me tenderly, once, twice, thrice until I relax ever so slightly, unclenching my jaw. That's when he sinks his fangs into me.

Grunting, I strain against his grip, though for no more than a second. It's to no avail anyways - and I've been through this enough times to know that there's not much harm to it besides the pain. And the ever-present tiredness that has seeped deep into my bones. I close my eyes with a sigh and lean back against his chest, resting my weight on him. I shiver.

Dael suddenly removes his fangs, then kisses the skin he just abused. His nose brushes against the side of my neck, then his lips are at my earlobe, nibbling carefully. I can hear his sharp intake of breath as he inhales, nose buried in my hair. I love these tender touches, but in all honesty, I'd rather let them carry me off to sleep than allow them to start another round of fucking.

"Ah, fine", Dael sighs dramatically, then chuckles. Seriously, I almost forgot that he's able to read my thoughts. We need to have a conversation about that, but first of all, we need to sleep.

"Hm, whatever you say", he muses and pulls me closer. The skin of his chest is warm and soft against my back, and his fingers are drawing circles on my chest. Yeah, whatever I'm saying.

-

When I wake up, he's gone already, even though it's still dark outside. I prop myself up onto my elbows to cast a quick glance around, just to make sure he's not around, and find him sitting at the small desk. He perks his head up, his lips already pulling back into that complacent smirk of his. I wonder how he can be so satisfied with himself.

"I'm awesome", he states seriously, already getting up from his chair. His night blue satin robe is belted loosely, revealing most of his chest to my eyes. I don't think I have met anyone before who was as at ease with himself as Dael is. He rolls his eyes at me as sits down at the edge of the bed.

"You're quite melancholic this early in the morning", he muses and cups my cheek with his hand. His thumb strokes my skin. Sighing contently, I ease into the touch, slowly sinking back into the sheets. My thoughts are heavy.

Dael's smirk softens into a smile.

"You should get some sleep. It's barely five anyways."

"Not like I've got much else to do but sleep", I grumble discontentedly, though when he tries to pull his hand away, I'm quick to grab hold of his arm, keeping him close. I like the comfort of his touch, and as long as I'm in no danger of being bitten, there's nothing I'd rather do than be close to him. No matter how grumpy, he's kind of fun to be around.

"I'm not grumpy", Dael defends himself weakly, then ruffles my hair with a sigh. He crawls into bed with me and pulls the blanket up to my shoulders before he wraps his arms around me. "I'll stay until you've fallen asleep again."

That sounds like a deal.

___________________________

Sorry for the short update, but there's not really any more happening before the next chapter starts. I hope you don't mind. Besides, I didn't want to spoil their sweet nightly encounter with any of the daily drama.

XOXO T.