11.3

This part is dedicated to SummerRainbows - it's so flattering to see your votes flow in. I'm glad you're enjoying BD :D

-

I'm not up for this right now. Work is simply too much, but I can hardly call in sick after I've just returned from a week of absence due to a vampire sucking me dry. Which is kind of what's happened yet again.

Scowling and blushing at the same time, I put some glasses in order before adjusting the placement of the liquor bottles. Really, I don't know what to do with myself anymore. Yes, it's that bad.

Distance helps with assessing the situation, but that doesn't mean it actually leads to any kind of conclusion at all. The only thing I know is that Dael's an asshole, though that's nothing new and not solving any problems. 

Basically, I want him to tell me what he thinks of me – and I want to bitch about him reading my thoughts even though we had established that that is a no-go. I get that it's stupid of me to still cling to him after what's happened, but I need to sort things out.

To do so, I need to talk to Dael.

Then again, I'm dreading that talk. Thinking about how to react when he picks me up later is driving me crazy. I'm angry with him and it's my right to showcase that anger, but at the same time, it's not that I want to get into a fight. I want to talk things through, so glaring won't help. 

It's just that I cannot bring myself to play nice, even if it's no more than a fictional scenario right now. Not that I actually have to worry about any of that since he's going to read my thoughts and know exactly what's going on.

I flinch as a familiar voice calls out to me. My first thought is that Dael has dropped by, but of course, it's the other obnoxious vampire, the one that I really don't want to deal with, especially because I haven't figured out what he wants from me. Sighing, I approach him and force my most charming smile on my lips. I'm working right now, so it's a given that I'm nice to the people inside the bar.

"What can I get you?" I ask in a friendly manner, though there's an edge to my voice that I cannot suppress. After all, I'm not in my best mood right now – and his presence isn't making things any easier for me. Tristan chuckles and places his elbows on the counter before leaning closer.

"So you lied to me when you said you didn't work here." He grins playfully. His eyes roam my neck and he bites down on his lower lip, exposing one his fangs. I take a deep breath, forcing myself to remain calm while I have the desire to unleash all my stress from the fight with Dael at him.

"I never said I wasn't working here, just that I'm not the one you're looking for," I reply politely. The smile hasn't left my lips for even a second.

"Now that was definitely a lie judging by those pretty spots on your neck."

My hand jerks up instantly, covering the skin where Dael's bitten me as my expression becomes tense. I can't help but narrow my eyes at him, but he just laughs it off.

"I get why he likes to play around with you."

"Fuck off," I snarl, my voice a low tenor. That's a sore spot and one I'll make sure he doesn't enjoy rubbing. His grin turns into a smirk and he lifts his chin, looking down at me with smug satisfaction.

"Considering your position, you've got quite the big mouth. Don't get cocky just because he allows you to live with him," he says casually, then flinches as someone calls his name.

Now that voice definitely belongs to Dael. I stare at him in surprise as he approaches us, a furious scowl on his face. He grabs Tristan's shoulder roughly and pulls him away from the counter with force.

"I wondered what you were up to when I couldn't get a hold of you," Dael growls, narrowing his eyes at the other. Somehow, those words awaken a weirdly throbbing pain in my chest. It's dull, but it grows sharper with every second, especially when Tristan claps Dael's shoulder affectionately.

"Come on, I just thought I'd take a look at your new plaything. You've been neglecting me, you know." He chuckles. Though his face is turned towards Dael, he's obviously watching me from the corner of his eyes.

Seriously, I don't want to have anything to do with this, so I busy myself with taking orders. Still, I can't stop myself from glancing over at them every few seconds. Dael's holding on to Tristan's hand firmly who keeps looking at him with an obvious spark in his eyes – and even though Dael seems annoyed, he actually ruffles that guy's hair before pulling him out of the bar.

So, that's it. All this time, I've been nothing but delusional. What a great feeling. Once in a lifetime experience. This is going to make it into my resume. The reason I'm not suited to making any kind of important decisions, ever.

When I leave, there's no red sports car to pick me up. I pull my cell phone out of my pocket and notice a message from Dael. So, he's busy with Tristan and he cannot come to see me. Great. Screaming in frustration, I throw my phone at the next wall before stomping off.

To hell with him and everything.

I've wanted to buy a new phone anyways.

-

Very short part, I know, but the next one will have be longer :D I didn't want to cut up the scenes.

Get ready for the big revelation *excited drumming*

XOXO T.