13.3

Dael welcomes me back home with a smile that I mirror as best as I can. My mood is still down, and even his embrace doesn't help. After all, he's still legally tied to that women and I've managed to make his second child hate me, too. I wonder if it's always like that with stepchildren.

"What happened?" His voice is a low growl, showcasing his worry as well as that he's going to rip apart whoever has me worried. My smile becomes a bit more honest and I breathe in his scent.

"Apparently, your children have that uncanny habit of just showing up," I quote him, then lean back to get a look at his face since he doesn't say anything back. His features are tense, so I place a soft kiss on his jawline. "Belle came with Sebastiano. She said she just wanted to talk, but it seems she's on a mission to find out whatever you're not telling them"

Cursing, Dael pulls away, and the empty space feels cold. "Why did you have to bring that up to them?"

"Sorry, I just-"

"Even Leila said they've been asking questions."

"Who's Leila?" I really don't want to know. Dael perks his head up, looking surprised.

"Well, my wife."

Jealousy is no word for the ugliness spreading out from my chest. It takes hold of every part of me, making it burn with the desire to wipe that woman from history. I narrow my eyes, hurt.

"You mean your ex," I correct him flatly, and Dael has the audacity to smirk.

"Are you jealous?"

"No."

"You're jealous." The arrogance is plastered all over his face. He knowingly raises his eyebrows, then steps closer with confidence. I edge away.

"Fine," I give in. He's not going to let it drop, and it's not what we should be talking about. "I'm jealous. Happy now?"

"Very," he nods, quickly closing the distance to lock me in his arms and force a kiss from my lips. He's pushing me around again, so I keep glaring at him despite the happy fluttering of my heart.

"How about a divorce?" I suggest sulkily, and Dael huffs out a laugh, shaking his head. My eyes narrow further.

"Believe me, I've thought about that, but I think you've enough trouble dealing with my kids as it is. You don't want to add her to that."

"So she thinks you're going to come back as well? No wonder your children think I'm just some boy toy."

Dael sighs and leans in to nuzzle my hair. He inhales softly before placing a kiss onto my earlobe - but I'm not going to be fooled.

"Dael, I don't-"

"It doesn't matter," he interrupts me firmly.

"But I don't think letting them see me like that is going to help."

"Ally, my wife and I, we've never really been that faithful, so of course, they're all thinking you're just another fling."

"I'm not," I reply, irritated. It's my turn to step away from him. "Dael, I'm not a fling and I'm not going anywhere and I want them to know that."

"That's what I keep telling them."

"Well, obviously that's not enough," I shoot back, unflinching as I stare back at him. I cross my arms in front of my chest; my decision is final. "Break up with her."

Dael turns away with a groan and walks over to the window front. I follow him without a word, allowing the silence to stretch uncomfortably. Maybe that's going to make him talk. I wait, standing close to him, but apparently, his patience lasts longer. I step past the last distance and wrap my arms around his waist from behind.