11.1 Confession

"Anyways, what's up with the sullen looks?" Quinn asks, sipping his drink. Sighing heavily, I cross my forearms on the counter and rest my head on them, causing him to chuckle and shake his head at me. "Trouble with some guy?"

"Not some guy," I stress, exasperated. We haven't seen each other at all since Saturday. Considering that it's just Monday, I might be exaggerating things, but I can't help it. 

My nerves aren't even on edge anymore, they are simply non-existent. I spent the whole Sunday waiting for the storm that was Dael – and nothing happened. That left me feeling even worse because I have no idea what he's up to.

"Oh, found yourself a boyfriend?" Quinn inquires carefully. I eye him warily, glancing at him from the corner of my eyes. The disappointment is obvious, though he tries to hide most of his face with his glass. 

I doubt he actually thought there was any chance of something happening between us but I guess entertaining that fantasy was easier when I was still available, theoretically speaking. I sigh yet again.

"I thought so. But he's not talking to me, even though we wanted to move in together this week," I mumble sulkily, then perk my head up as I notice a waiter approaching the bar. I excuse myself quickly to take the order before preparing the drinks. 

Usually, it's enough to take my mind off of things, just not when 'things' stands for 'Dael'. While being in love is great and everything, it's horrible when things aren't going well. I just want to shout at him and get my anger out of my system. That's worked until now, at least somewhat. There's only one problem, though. 

He's not talking to me.

Quinn's finished his drink already when I return, so I prepare another one. He accepts it with a small smile while watching me intently. Guess he's got something to say but doesn't know how. Maybe he's just curious since I've started talking and left him hanging before getting to the interesting part. 

I lean forward, resting my hips against the counter. Since I'm thinking about it all the time anyways, talking to someone about it might help.

"I called him yesterday asking if he knows when the place is going to be ready and when someone's going to come and pick up my things – and he just said something like he doesn't know yet because he's got other things to take care of so he'll inform me when he knows something and that's it. Like, if I don't have anything else to discuss I should stop bothering him," I relay the gist of the phone call that had left me feeling discarded like a broken toy.

Part of me felt more like a kid that had been told to stay in his room and think about its mistakes before it was allowed to come back. Which meant I was at fault. No, he thought I was at fault. Or he wasn't interested in me anymore so he didn't think it was worth getting angry anymore.

Sighing, I drop my head forwards until my chin's touching my chest. There's this gloominess that I can't seem to shake off.

"Come on, I'm sure he didn't mean it like that," Quinn tries encouragingly. He's wrong.

"No, he meant it exactly like that, because that's exactly what he said. 'If there's nothing else we have to discuss, please refrain from calling me. I've got work to do'," I recite the words that have carved themselves into my memory while I put on an annoyed expression and try to imitate a certain vampire's arrogant attitude. 

I'm pissed off and feeling neglected.

"Well, what did you do?" Quinn chuckles, tilting his head to the side. I narrow my eyes at him.

"What makes you think I did something?" I ask grudgingly, partly angry at him for assuming that. The other part feels horribly guilty because that might be the reason Dael is acting like that. Then again, Dael is always acting like an asshole, even if I didn't do anything.