9.1 Happiness

Haha yes, the title says it all. Enjoy the occasional fluff :)

This part is dedicated to LinPinSin - thank you for the votes :D I'm happy you're enjoying the story and I hope you like where their journey is going.

-

"My fingers hurt," I grumble as we step out of the clothing store, rubbing my sore knuckles. Dael raises an eyebrow at me speculatively, the small shopping back hanging from his hand that's resting on his shoulder.

"I take it that it didn't occur to you that you'd hurt yourself if you hit me," he says casually, a grin playing at a corner of his lips. Scowling, I bury my hands in the pockets of the new trunks.

"I didn't think you wouldn't be bothered by it at all."

"Well, now you know," he grins lopsidedly, putting an arm around my shoulders to pull me close. I bump against his naked chest.

"Yeah, next time I start with your car right away," I scoff and stick out my tongue at him. He chuckles lightly, obviously still happy because I humoured him when he wanted me to try on different trunks, though I resisted the speedos. The fact that he could tease me with that is probably what made him so happy in the first place.

"I seriously believe you have a serious deathwish," he sighs but gives me a quick peck on the temple anyways as he leads the way towards the beach. I enjoy the company of happy Dael a lot, though what's happened bothers me since it refuses to leave my mind. Sighing, I push the gloomy thoughts away. It's not like I can force anything good to happen, so I'll have to take things as they come.

"People are staring at you," I observe quietly. It's not just people who gawk because we're two guys walking arm in arm, his around my shoulder and mine around his waist, but also many who blatantly check him out. I scowl at a girl who replies with a shy smile that puts me off.

"She was looking at you, not at me," Dael chuckles, pulling me even closer until it's awkward to walk because I'm rubbing against him with every step. "You don't think very highly of yourself, do you?"

"I know I look good, I just don't think I can compare when I'm right next to you," I reply with a shrug, causing him to chuckle once more. I sigh. "You know, I really like you when you're in a good mood."

"Well, then continue being nice to me," he whispers into my ear, causing me to flinch in surprise and because of the jolt that hits my spine and transforms into pleasure as it settles at my hips. I glance up at him.

"Do I still smell bad?"

"Very bad," he informs me with a serious expression. Suddenly, he jerks me to a stop, just to nibble at my ear. I swallow hard, aware of the passersby watching us, then clutch at his waist to keep myself from moaning as he flicks his tongue across my skin. His breath resonates in my skull.

"And you don't think we can do it like this?" I ask carefully, my voice shaking slightly. Dael pulls me into an embrace, pressing his erection against mine.

"I do feel like trying, seeing you half-naked like this," he says huskily, causing me to shiver oh-so-pleasantly as a silent moan slips past my lips. Shit. If he doesn't go through with this, I'm going to wreck the next car as well as the one after that. Grinning, Dael pulls me towards a house that has ‚hotel' written on a small sign. 

Inside, we're greeted by an old woman who looks up surprised from behind a counter. What a cosy place.

"Hello. We'd like to stay until tomorrow. Misjudged the distance and it would be bad to drive back in the dark," Dael explains charmingly as he steps away from me, towards the old lady who seems a bit flustered by his beautiful smile.