10.3

"Hello, Mrs Biscay," he smiles politely, shaking hands with my mom. She returns the greeting, giving me that pointed look as if I don't already know how much she likes Keith – and how little she thinks of Dael.

Basically, she's made sure to remind me of that before Keith came over, saying things like 'Well, at least I won't have to worry about you with him around' and 'He's always so nice' and 'Don't you think he's cute?' I've given up explaining to her that we'll never be like that. It's as hopeless as trying to tell her that Dael isn't as bad as she thinks.

Well, I guess that phrasing's already pointed out where the problem lies.

"Keith, it's so good to have you over again. You should come more often. He's spending too much time with that vampire," she sighs worriedly, still holding on to his hand, though now with both of her hands. Grimacing, I raise my eyebrows at Keith, hoping he'll get it. He spares me a glance, takes one look at my face and starts grinning.

"I think so, too," he agrees with my mother, totally conspiring against me. "Ally's seeing things through rose-coloured glasses right now, but he'll snap out of it at some point. I'm sure."

"Stop talking like I'm not here," I groan.

"Just saying the truth," Keith whistles. Finally, they let go of each other. "He'd definitely lock you up and stop you from seeing anyone else ever again if he could."

"He's not that bad," I grumble, glancing aside guiltily. It's a lie – and I'm not good at lying, especially not when I actually disagree with what I'm saying. "He's got his good points."

"So, which one?" Keith chuckles, walking over to me to slip an arm around my waist. "Not that bad in general or at least some good points?"

"You're an ass," I sneer, nudging him in the side with an elbow. Instantly, Keith stumbles backwards, pressing his hands to his side and gaping as if I'd just stabbed him. I roll my eyes at him, causing him to burst out laughing and stop with the stupid act.

"Come on, stop being so stiff. We're worried about you," he explains good-heartedly and walks to my room. I follow him grudgingly, closing the door behind us. He drops his bag next to the bed, then falls onto it face first. "So, when was the last time you had sex on this?"

"Today? Though we didn't really have sex, so I don't know if it counts," I tell him casually. He makes a face as if in disgust, pushing himself up with his arms as he stares at the sheets. I chuckle lightly, then sit down at the edge of the bed, one leg bend underneath me so I can turn towards him. "Come on, it's not like you expected anything else when you jumped onto it."

"Yeah, but then I remembered that you're probably all lovey-dovey, saying that you love each other and stuff. That's not just sex, that's stupid couple's sex, completely different," he stresses, nodding several times.

"It's not lovey-dovey sex," I mumble thoughtfully, scratching the back of my neck. I let my hand rest there. "Besides, he hasn't even said that he loves me yet."

"Really?" Keith presses, surprised. He lies down again, cheek resting on crossed arms while he looks up at me. "But you told him? So it's really that bad, huh?"

"It's not bad," I groan, rolling my eyes at him. "And yes, I told him. It's kind of obvious anyway, I guess. I'm overly self-conscious when I'm around him. To the point that it's actually annoying the hell out of me, but I guess it's kind of nice as well."

"That is bad," he laughs, rolling onto his back. "So, you mind that he's not returning your feelings?"

"He is returning my feelings," I correct him grumpily, narrowing my eyes at him. He raises his eyebrows pointedly, causing me to drop onto my bed as well, groaning in defeat. "Fine. It's weird, but I think there's something going on that he's not telling me. We had this big argument and then he kind of told me – that there's stuff I don't know. But I really think he loves me. There's no way he'd act like he does if he didn't."