2.3

"Get out of the water, your feet are shriveling." Dael smirks. Yawning, I sit up first, then get onto my feet. Yep. My skin's gotten soft. I yawn again, not bothering to cover my mouth with my hand. "I see you've made friends."

"Sure. I've got this bubbly personality", I reply, matching his tone as I regard the groups of people lingering around the pool. Sometimes I wish I could be like them, fit in. But I'm not – and I don't need to be. Sure, it would be easier that way, but I like myself. I'm just the only person who gets me.

"Completely forgot about that. How stupid of me." He sighs dramatically, then puts an arm around my shoulders to lead me back to the car. So, stupid one and stupid two aren't coming back with us. That's good. Dael chuckles. "You know, you have this habit of gifting everyone with these cute pet names. I think I'm jealous."

"Biting monster", I name him, dead serious, and he narrows his eye at me, though it looks playful. That's a new expression. One I like, I think. I don't want him to take me serious all the time. God, he's actually cute when his eyes sparkle cheerfully.

"Come on, that's mean. I was in a bad mood yesterday", he complains. Either that, or he's in a good mood right now. Maybe even both, meaning he's usually somewhere in between. I like happy Dael a lot more, I decide.

"Biting monster", I repeat stubbornly, eliciting a growl from his throat that makes me shiver before he slams me against the exterior wall of the mansion. I wince, glancing towards the hands pinning me against the stones, then up at him. "Biting monster."

He moves closer, until our lips are only a hair's breadth apart. I crane my neck, getting rid of the unnecessary space. A low rumbling erupts in his throat, causing me to moan into the kiss. I slip my tongue out, eager to taste him. He allows me into his mouth. Carefully, I slide my tongue along his upper row of teeth, feeling the shape of his dangerous fangs. He pulls back, panting.

"We're going home. Now", he growls. His arousal is growing against mine. I nod quickly, following him to the car. I take my place on the passenger seat again, remaining quiet during the drive back to his place. He parks the car in front of the door where Sebastiano is already waiting to take the keys from him. I follow him into the house, feeling slightly nervous. Because, yes, I want to have sex with but that doesn't mean it's actually a good idea. First of all, he's going to bite me, maybe not too carefully. Second, sex is exhausting enough as it is – and considering my current health, I doubt it's what I actually need right now.

"Stop bitching and go to my room. I'll be back in a minute. Then I want you on my bed, naked", Dael instructs darkly. Sighing, I part from him, going my own way as he heads for who knows what. This'll end with me waiting for hours yet again. Probably. Carefully, I open the doors to his room and slip inside, closing them behind me. There's something calming about the atmosphere. It's like twilight inside thanks to the dark, see-through curtains. I step close to the bed, eyeing it warily. Can't really say my last memory of this place is a good one.

Fine. I'll just get it over with and try to enjoy myself as much as possible during the process. Anyways, I'm still alive and well. My body isn't, at least not exactly. And I'm hungry. I'll have Sebastiano get me something to eat afterward. I sit down at the edge of the bed, taking off my pants and underwear, then slip under the soft satin blanket, taking a deep breath. His scent is quite nice as well.

Grumbling comfortably, I bury my face in the pillow, enjoying the softness and his unique odor. It's not as good as his voice, but on par with his looks. I nuzzle my nose against the linen. Slightly better, I guess. It's like a forest after a heavy rainfall, when the sun is high in the sky, evaporating the wetness and filling the air with the smell of earth and plants. I shiver pleasantly, already planning on stealing some of his used clothes next chance I get. The door opens with a soft click.