4.1 Push comes to Shove

"Get up, you've got lectures to attend", Dael wakes me, nudging me in the side. Groaning, I roll away from him, putting a hand on the spot he just assaulted. Not caring which part of me he torments, he kicks my back, hitting my spine straight on. I flinch. The bastard's wearing shoes. Mumbling incomprehensible insults at him, I sit up and rub my eyes sleepily, yawning.

Since I'm the one who asked to go back to college, I can hardly blame him. Well, I can. And I will. He's the source of my predicament, no matter how I look at it, and no matter how nice he'd been to me last night. I glance up at him, seeing that he's narrowed his eyes at me, obviously still able to read my thoughts. At least he doesn't say anything. Bad enough that he refuses to respect my privacy.

"You know, you can sleep in your own room next night. I don't like having to put up with your early morning attitude", he states flatly and I shrug. That's fine with me, I guess. I scratch the back of my head, yawning again, then scoff in pain as he kicks my ribs. "Get out of my bed and get ready."

I comply, rubbing the sore spot he just hit. Sebastiano is in my room already, doing laundry. He's placed a stack of waffles with syrup on the table, so I help myself to breakfast. While I'm at it, I notice a backpack leaning against the couch. Curious, I open it.

"I've prepared everything you need", Sebastiano says as he rushes past me, busy cleaning up after me. He hurries down the stairs, carrying a box loaded with dirty laundry. I don't think I've used that many clothes since I arrived here. He's seriously going to clean everything.

I finish eating, then busy myself in the bathroom before I put on fresh clothes. Afterwards, I grab my bag and go downstairs. Dael's waiting for me in the foyer, holding a cellphone to his ear. As he sees me approaching, he simply hangs up on whoever he is talking to. I raise my eyebrows questioningly, though I doubt he'll explain.

"Finally. I don't want you to be late." He sighs, getting up from the couch. He leaves for the red cabriolet that's parked in front of the mansion and I follow him, taking my place in the passenger seat. "You're mine. I don't accept failure, so if you're going to do this, succeed."

I'm an artist. What the hell does he expect me to do? I shrug in reply, not bothering with his expectations. Or that creepy declaration of possession. Just because he's paying for me and I can't leave because he'll kill me if I do, doesn't mean I'm his. Maybe I'm his employee, but the implication behind his words is reserved for a special someone that I haven't found yet, no matter how much I might enjoy his company.

"Seriously, if you keep up that awful attitude you can go back to sleep. Maybe I'm too lenient", he murmurs.

"You're not", I reply dutifully, causing him to stop the car and narrow his eyes at me before we even leave his property. Maybe I'm a bit cheeky, but it's not as if I'm not behaving myself. It's his own fault for reading my thoughts. No matter how much he threatens me, I can hardly change who I am or how I think because he tells me to.

"Want to test me?" he asks, his voice dangerously low. I shiver, feeling suddenly weak as my blood drains from my face, concentrating on another part of my body. When he lowers his voice like that, I can't help myself. "You're mine. I'll rip apart anyone you look at suspiciously, so accept it."

I scowl at him, crossing my arms in front of my chest, then watch the scenery as he resumes driving. Anyways, didn't he say Sebastiano would drop me off?

Slight uneasiness settles in my stomach, chasing away the rising pleasure. He's planning something. Considering how much he just emphasized who I belong to, I'm pretty certain he intends to mark his territory. Meaning me.

This has embarrassment written all over it.

"I will behave, I promise", I give in placatingly, trying to avoid disaster.

"That's good", he comments with a nod. And that's it. About twenty minutes later, he drives into the parking lot. Everyone's staring at the expensive, red car – and the handsome vampire who's closing the door behind him, looking at me expectantly, his red eyes glistening in the sunlight.

"If I promise to do whatever you ask, will you put on sunglasses?" I ask quietly, earning myself an amused chuckle.

"You'll do what I want you to anyways. So get out. Now", he instructs me, a sharp edge to his voice. Shit. He's going to make this as public as possible. Not that I've got any friends here that could be bothered by it, but it'll make me the centre of attention for at least a month. Probably even more.

"And it will keep unwanted attention away from you. Now get out. I don't like having to repeat myself", he explains casually, stepping around the car to open the door for me. Sighing, I grab my bag and exit. He accompanies me to the building, though I stop in front of the stairs leading to the entrance.

"How far do you intend to follow me?"

"I think this is just fine. Come here", he orders, waving me over with a smug grin.

Oh no.

I tense but step close to him anyways. Out of the corner of my eyes, I notice everyone watching. Most people don't even bother to continue on their way. They just stand there, staring and whispering.

"Tilt your head to the side."

I do just that, exposing my neck to him. He puts a hand on my shoulder, caressing a spot close to my collarbone with his thumb. I grit my teeth, watching him lower his mouth to my skin. With his head gone from my field of vision, I can see all those people standing behind him, some pretty close, gawking. Shit. I close my eyes, focusing on controlling my body.

He puts an arm around my waist and pulls me against his chest, then his fangs sink into my skin, hitting my collarbone. I grunt at the pain, trying hard to keep myself from screaming as I clutch at his arms. I guess I should've just done it - because he bites down hard, causing me to scream in pain despite my best effort as the sharp tip of his teeth scrapes at my bone. My knees give in but he holds me with ease.

I squeeze my eyes shut, burying my face in his shoulder to hide it from the curious gazes. In a few minutes, this will be all over the internet, I realize, gritting my teeth. I'm sure someone's taped this. Shit. This afternoon, hundreds of people will have seen what he does to me.

I'm almost glad he keeps feeding on me for another minute because I need some time to compose myself.

When he releases me, I avert my eyes, refusing to look at him. Not out of spite but because I can't. Hurting me is one thing, humiliating me another.

__________

Someone just crossed a boundary. There's really not much else to say about this. That's like giving hickeys, but on a whole new level.

XOXO T.