13.2

This part is dedicated to Ares13666 - thank you for leaving so many votes :D I'm happy you're enjoying BD! Hope you'll pull through til the end ^^ it's nearing.

-

It's impossible to hide when you're living in a loft. I'd love to just close a door and tear a brush across my canvas in private, but that's not going to happen. I'm left without a chance to get this restlessness out of my system, so I drop down on the couch with a scowl, gazing out of the windows. The city is a blur of greys, same as the sky.

I pull out my phone to occupy myself. Keith wants to know if I got into trouble at home, and I tell him about Dael's daughter. There's no sign that he's online, though, so I check my work schedule for this week, then browse the news.

When I hear the door being opened, then drop shut, I strain my ears and hold my breath, somehow afraid I might have been left alone without a word. The sound of footsteps makes me sigh in relief.

"They have this uncanny habit of just showing up," Dael murmurs. His hands find my shoulders, sliding onto my stiff muscles. He kneads them carefully, and I relax against the backrest.

"Where did she go?"

"I told her she should stay at the mansion."

"And that worked?" I'm a bit surprised. She seemed more docile than Tristan, but not the type to really do as told.

"Well, I told her Sebastiano's still there, taking care of the place." His fingers still, so I drop my head back to look up at him. He smiles.

"They have a history?" I raise my brows questioningly. Honestly, I've always thought he was gay. Dael nods, stepping away to walk around the couch.

"Before my wife turned her. It hadn't been going for long, and they've hardly seen each other since then. He was pretty appalled when he saw her the first days, so I took him with me."

He sits down next to me, and when he wraps an arm around my shoulders, I immediately snuggle up to him, pushing my legs over his.

"You've been drinking."

"And you've been busy with a naked woman."

Dael pinches me in the side. I try to jerk away with a yelp, but he keeps a hand on my thighs so I only fall backwards. The expensive leather groans beneath me, and with a smirk, Dael crawls over me. My breath hitches as he pushes my shirt up, kissing the soft skin of my hips.

"I'm going to bite you," he says, grinning. My stomach muscles twitch at the prospect, anticipating the pain that doesn't make them wait long. His fangs buried in my flesh, he moans loudly, and I squeeze my eyes shut. Another mark on my body.

He feeds for a good minute before I softly tug at his hair, reminding him that he's probably taken enough already. A feral growl resonates in his throat and his fingers dig into my skin, but he still pulls his fangs put.

"It's unfair when you leave me hanging all day," he complains, his lips brushing against me while he speaks. He tentatively licks the small red dots that he's left on my skin. I take a shaky breath, imagining his tongue sliding lower.

"I missed you, too."

"Then don't go away from me anymore."

I snort, shaking my head at him. My fingers comb through his hair. He's being ridiculously needy, but it's cute so I can't help but smile.

"I need a life of my own."

"I'm your life," he retorts stubbornly - and I guess he's right. My smile widens as I sit up, then lean in to kiss him. He shifts enough so our lips can meet, and the kiss is nice and sweet and perfect. "Stop grinning like an idiot, I can't kiss you like that."