11.4

WE HIT ONE THOUSAND!!! OMG!!! CAPITAL LETTERS AND EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!

Seriously guys, thank you so much. This part is dedicated to everyone who got BD up to the 1k reads. I know it seems like nothing compared to the millions that other stories have, but it means the world to me.

-

The next day, someone's assaulting our door with hands and feet and I'm sure I know who that is. Since I've told my mom that we're done, she's nice enough to open the door and tell him that I'm not around. He's in my room two seconds later, followed by the sound of crutches as my mom tries to keep up with him.

"Mom, it's fine, it's not like we're actually able to kick him out," I tell her with a sigh while I get up from my bed. Dael narrows his eyes at me, but I refuse to meet his gaze. Right now, the main question is if he's still able to read my mind. I doubt he's going to tell me, so I need to stay on guard.

"Nothing's fine, Allorian," she snaps angrily, staring at Dael in fierce defiance. First name's never a good thing. I manage a lopsided smile that is supposed to be reassuring but ends up looking as miserable as I feel.

"Dael, let's go outside," I say as I step past him. Mom gives me a worried look but doesn't say anything else. I'm glad that she allows me to do this myself. Then again, there's not really anything she can do anyways. Dael's quiet until we step out of the building.

"What's wrong with your phone?"

So, the reason he's barged in like that is that he wasn't able to get a hold of me. The moment he's unable to control every step I take, he snaps. Annoying.

"Excuse me for being annoying. Are you going to tell me the rest of what you were thinking or do I have to bite you again?"

Which means he can't hear everything. Guess that's something. Sighing, I walk over to a small wall that surrounds a bed of flowers and sit down on top of it. I'm tired. It hurts. I'm tired of hurting.

"Dael, if you don't love me, do me a favour and leave me alone," I manage to say with excruciating effort. Basically, that's what it's all about. 

I don't want to live a fantasy, no matter how nice it might be at one point or another. After all, seeing him like that with that guy was too much. I want to ask him about their relationship, but first of all, it's obvious, and second, it doesn't really matter.

"Just tell me what's bothering you and I'll fix it," he replies pleadingly, completely ignoring what I just told him. Slowly, he walks over to me and crouches down in front of me. He looks as if he's begging me to stay with him. I narrow my eyes at him, irritated by his behaviour.

"Stop it. If you don't want to listen, that's fine. If you can't do it, that's fine as well. Just - leave me alone, Dael," I tell him yet again, though my voice is starting to shake at the end. I swallow visibly, trying to keep my throat in check. He puts his hands onto my knees. When he opens his mouth, I put one hand up quickly, actually silencing him. It's surprising.

"Dael, that's it. I'm done. I can't do this. It's your life. If you don't want to talk about it, that's your thing, but seriously, I don't care about your past. I don't care if you did horrible things or whatever. I care about now. I care about the fact that you stood me up for some vampire that you've got an obvious history with. I-"

I stop as Dael falls forwards, burying his face in my lap. It's too close to my crotch for me to feel comfortable – and I hate myself for thinking about something sex related in this kind of situation. I glance aside guiltily, not knowing what to do right now.

"It's complicated. I don't want things to get complicated," he grumbles, confusing me even more. Somehow, he's not acting like himself.

Groaning, he wraps his arms around my waist, now actually nuzzling my crotch. I wish he would've done that three days ago when I hadn't been this angry with him. Or yesterday, when I had been so angry that I would've been able to shout at him to back off.