3.2

Back in my room, I'm surprised to find that the small sitting area has been cleaned out. The chairs and bookshelves are gone. Instead, beige canvases of different sizes are lined up against the wall. When I step closer, I notice some of them being incredibly finely woven while others are coarse-meshed. My fingers glide across the fabric, feeling the different textures.

I smile to myself in pleasant anticipation before turning my attention to the brushes. I pick one up that's dark brown with a fawn tip and run it across my forearm. Certainly real hair; not that I had expected anything less. I gnaw at my bottom lip, contemplating whether I should indulge myself now or take a shower first, then decide to give a fuck about body hygiene for the next hour or so.

I fetch some water from the sink in the shower area and set everything up around the mahogany scaffold. Sighing, I close my eyes, gnawing at the bottom end of the expensive brush while recalling the events of the past days. I'm in the clutches of a self-centered vampire. Not that I absolutely cannot leave, but he's not going to make it easy and my life doesn't really give me much of choice. I push these thoughts aside since they are too gloomy for the occasion.

Dael's character isn't particularly the best out there, but I find myself enjoying his company so long as he does not threaten me or harm me physically. My face lights up as I remember being engulfed by his warmth when I woke up this morning, and how he'd wrapped his arm around me comfortably. His voice had been thick with sleep when he'd greeted me, rolling my name across his tongue.

Shivering, I remove the brush from my lips. His voice, his scent, they remind me of a forest after a heavy rainfall. Ancient trees with scarred trunks. Terra brown, a shade of ochre where the light that falls through the thick canopy of leaves hits the bark. It's like lime honey, sticking to the leaves and forming thick droplets.

"I'm uncertain whether I should be flattered or worry for your mental state", Dael mocks smugly, causing me to flinch. Without a care for the hardwood floor, I drop the brush to the ground and turn the painting around quickly, hiding it from his sight and knocking over the glass with coloured water in the process. Cursing under my breath, I turn around to glare at him. My paintings are private.

"Oh, come on, I just wanted to know what got you so pleasantly worked up." He chuckles, already stepping closer even though I'm practically glaring my eyes out. Fine, just a few hours ago I was unhappy about him leaving me for work, but now I had expected to have some time to myself. He laughs darkly, starling me.

"Come on, you know I know what you're doing."

"Apparently not, or you wouldn't have had to barge in like this", I grumble past tense lips. Dael narrows his eyes at me – and I become aware of my insolence the moment his body crashes into mine so hard that the air rushes from my chest. He holds me close with a hand on my back and when I gasp in shock, his fangs are already sinking into my neckline. I curse him loudly, then barely more than a whisper when the pain subsides to a dull pulsing while he gnaws and sucks and moans. His crotch thrusts against mine.

God, no one should have a voice like that. While I don't doubt his sexual expertise, what we have done thus far was more on the side of him using me. So if not for his raspberry voice, I doubt I'd want him up my ass this badly. He chuckles against my skin, raucous and sugary, and it turns into a feral growl when my erection pushes against him. Dael pulls backward, enough so his fangs slip out of me, though his lips still hover close to my skin. He kisses the bite tenderly.

"A penny for a thought wouldn't even do you justice", he murmurs softly, causing me to blush awkwardly. He's making fun of me, isn't he. I crane my neck to catch a glimpse of his face, but I can't see more than his short black hair. He nibbles his way up my neck. His front teeth gnaw at my jawline before he pushes his tongue out and trails along the firm bone towards my mouth. Shit.

Moaning, I greet his tongue with my own the moment he reaches my lips. I wonder if he can still taste the maple syrup in my mouth, because this kiss sure as hell tastes sweet. His tongue explores my mouth expertly, not leaving an inch unattended. He brushes against the backside of my bottom lip. I take the chance to venture forth myself, and my tongue quickly finds the sharp tips that always draw my blood so eagerly. Dael hisses, freezing.

My tongue slides upward, away from the dangerous tip. I push against the skin at the base of his fangs, earning myself a throaty moan that sends his breath over my wet lips. Dael's fingers dig into my skin as his lips curl back into a snarl, giving me a better access to the obviously sensitive skin. He pulls at my bathrobe and suddenly, I'm naked in front of him.

My breath hitches as he takes a step backward, allowing his eyes to roam my body. Not that I've got anything not to be proud of, but hell, his gaze is scrutinizing. I'm not just naked, I feel naked, and I can't stop looking into his vinaceous eyes. His smile is perfectly arousing.

"I think you want to get onto that bed of yours", he whispers amused, and though his voice is quiet, it sends a powerful jolt down my spine that gets my muscles moving. A second later, I find myself with my back against the pastel blue satin sheets, staring up at the ceiling mirror as Dael crawls on top of me, the muscles of his back bulging whenever he moves a limb.

__________

Thank you for reading! And I hope you have a great weekend, I'll have to hurry up to work now xD'

XOXO T.