6.1 Two Centuries

Waking up next to him is a great feeling, even though we're both sweating and thus wet. Since I'm exhausted from work, dancing and bloodloss, I fall asleep again quickly. At some point, he's gone and I'm snuggling up to a pillow that's filled with his scent. It's not as good, but not bad either, and since I feel like I've been run over by a truck, I decide to stay in bed even though I'm alone. I drift in and out of sleep, slowly realizing that I'll have to get up at some point because falling asleep gets harder every time. Still, I refuse to leave his bed. Finally, boredom wins - and my growling stomach.

Sighing, I crawl to the edge of the bed, looking down at the ground as if it might attack me any second, then turn my gaze towards the door. Nothing happens. No one enters. I'm needy. I've been working my ass off the last two weeks, with another week left to go, and now that we're kind of good again, I want him to dote on me. Not that I expect him to, but I can still hope.

Suddenly, the door opens, but it's just Sebastiano.

"Good. You're awake. The master wants me to inform you that he expects you to kick out Ira if you're serious about coming back," he relays the message, apparently thinking hard about the phrasing. I wonder what exactly Dael told him, but I guess I'll never find out anyways.

"I don't care if he's living there. First of all, I don't intend to move back in here, and if I stay over for some reason, I'm going to be sleeping with Dael. So tell him that if he's serious about wanting me back, that's how it's going to be," I tell Sebastiano matter-of-factly. He's a bit paler, probably not eager to be part of the argument that's about to come.

"How about I take you to him and then you two can discuss what's going to happen on your own?" he asks carefully, his eyes pleading for me to leave him out of this. Chuckling, I nod, though I doubt he'll be able to stay out of our business for long. Since I don't have anything to wear, I take something from Dael's wardrobe, with no intention of giving it back, ever.

Sebastiano's gaping.

"Close your mouth. I don't see any flies in here for you to catch," I reprimand him sternly. Now he's just confused. Sighing, I shake my head at him, then leave the room.

"You don't even know where he is," Sebastiano observes for no obvious reason, hurrying after me.

"I trust in your way leading skills," I reply teasingly, grinning at him. He furrows his brow. I think he doesn't know how to deal with me when I'm not behaving unsocially. Without arguing further, he slips past me, taking the lead. I follow him quietly.

We leave the mansion through a giant backdoor made out of glass, then step onto the stone tiles of the patio. Dael's lounging on a chair at the side of the pool, wearing nothing but trunks, his hair wet and glistening in the bright sunlight. He turns towards us.

"Look who's still alive," he greets mockingly.

"Yeah, I'm always surprised. You know, there's this annoying vampire who keeps sucking the life out of me," I reply, exasperated as if talking about someone else entirely, a small smile playing at the corners of my lips. I can't help it. This is nice.

"Really? Guess I'll have to find and kill the bastard. Can't have someone damage what's mine," he says casually, leaning back in his chair again, eyes closed against the bright sun rays.

"Good to know that I've got my own personal bodyguard now," I chuckle as I walk over to him, just to sit down on his lap, legs spread. Slowly, I lean forward, placing my hands on his stomach to steady myself. I lower my lips to his chest, licking away the small droplets of water that are still on his skin.

"Considering your physical condition, that's a pretty stupid move," he observes dryly, though grinning at the same time. With a shrug, I move away, but his hands dart forwards, onto my back, pulling me close roughly so I crash into him. As pain explodes at the base of my neck, I barely manage to suppress my scream, grunting instead. He chuckles as he sucks lightly, then pulls back his teeth.