5.1 Addiction

Dedication goes to lyghtkio - thank you for voting on so many parts of BD. My notifications said you literally devoured every part xD

-

It's been two months. Almost. During the first week, Sebastiano called almost daily, checking up on me as well as begging me to return because Dael was in a foul mood. He didn't go into detail, but he let it slip that there were several humans involved during the third call.

That hurt slightly, but I'm the one who walked out on him. Sure, I've had a good reason to, but I could have stayed. It was my decision.

When I told Sebastiano that I couldn't return his calls every day because I was busy looking for a job, he made sure I was compensated for my efforts with the ten grand even though I had spent barely a week tending to Dael's needs.

Still, I'm now working part-time at a bar next to a metro station and my mom and I have moved out of the house, to a small flat close to the bar, putting aside most of the money in case we need it in the future.

Since she has to stay at home because of her injured leg, I bought her a cat as a companion. Freckles is a beautiful, red male that likes to meow at me while I paint. Mom's always complaining because he's hers but spends all his time with me when I'm at home.

To be honest, I didn't think about my strange relationship with Dael much afterwards, even though I realized that I missed his company. Especially at work, surrounded by all those people, some of them flirting with me openly.

When a cute blonde asked me out, I even gave it a shot, but we didn't get past the first date, even though he was trying hard. I guess I don't want to be around someone who's walking on eggshells because he's afraid of displeasing me. Though that didn't stop me from having one-nights.

Sebastiano usually calls once a week, sometimes even a second time, but he hasn't checked on me for two weeks now. So I guess I might have taken too long to sort things out. Last time, he asked me what to do with the paintings I've hidden, acting a bit weird. I told him to put them somewhere noone could see them and tell me if Dael tried to peek. He agreed to that and I trust him to keep his word. When he told me he didn't think Dael would be interested anyway, that was when I decided it was fine for me to go back to him.

Not because I'm afraid that he's lost interest in me. If that's happened, there's nothing I can do about it. Neither is it because I can't stand the thought of him being with whoever is moving into the loft. He's screwed and bitten half the city's population within the first week after I left, at least according to the way Sebastiano avoided the topic. It's because I don't want to start where we left off that I feel now is the right time. Things didn't go well and I ended up in a bad place. I wouldn't be able to keep going from there. So I was unable to return as long as we hadn't moved on.

"Sebastiano, I'm in front of the gate, so open up. And don't tell your angry lord I'm here, or he'll refuse to let me in", I grin into the phone as he picks up, startling him quite a bit, I think.

"You were supposed to call me if you decide to come back", he hisses quietly, obviously taking care that noone hears him talking to me. I chuckle.

"Good thing I haven't decided to come back, then. Just let me in or he'll notice."

"I'm not supposed to do that", he says pointedly, making me sigh.

"You weren't supposed to relay his sexual intercourses to me either, but you did so anyway. So open the damn gate."

"I did not do that", he argues flippantly, though a second later, the gates open, accompanied by a faint buzzing. Well, that wasn't so difficult. I hang up on him, then walk up the long way to the mansion. The door's unlocked, as always, so I just enter without another warning.