6.2

"Will you agree to live with me if I do?"

"Only if you're serious about moving somewhere close to the bar," I declare grudgingly. Shit. I'm still not sure. But if he stays out of my head and I can still go to work, there's no argument against it. No decent one, at least. Besides that I don't trust him. Shit, I thought I was over that.

"Then stop letting it get in the way. You don't have to trust me. At least not completely, not yet. I get that I went a bit overboard. But I'm trying," he says softly, stepping close to me. He puts a hand on my cheek, caressing my skin with a thumb. He's serious about this. About me. And I decided to give it another shot, that's why I got into contact with him again. Still, I didn't think things would progress this quickly. He chuckles.

"Just yesterday, I was intent on forcing you to realize it's over. And now here we are. So I guess things don't always go the way we expect them to," he admits teasingly, grinning down at me.

"How nice of you," I scoff, though I'm averting my eyes because looking at his face makes me weak. Maybe I'm sulking, but I want to be angry with him. He's pushing me around again. But I can't. My heart beats happily, feeling loved. He slips his hand to the back of my neck, pulling me close until my cheek rests against his stomach.

"You can't even imagine how hard it'll be for me to stay out of your head," he says softly, fondling my neck. Sighing, I close my eyes, enjoying the treatment. How close he is. The warm sun on my back and the fresh smell of the pool. „We could spend the weekends here?"

"Maybe. First, we'll have to find a place."

"Will you stay here until then?" he asks hopefully.

"No," I reply, causing him to grumble in discontent. "And kick out that bad copy of me on your own. If you need blood, you can visit me at work."

"If you say so," he chuckles, obviously picking up on my jealousy. I'm looking forward to talking to him without him listening to my thoughts. It'll be good for him to learn to give up some control. He growls. Yes. Control freak. "Another one of your cute nicknames for me?"

"I'm sure I'll be able to come up with some more."

"You enjoy teasing me too much. Stop it," he grunts. I can't help but chuckle at his disapproval. Definitely a control freak. He should learn to relax a bit more. Before he can comment on that thought, which I'm sure he would have liked to do, my stomach growls loudly. "Sebastiano? Get him something to eat. If he doesn't get his nutrients, neither do I."

"Why don't you use your staff for feeding?" I ask, suddenly curious as I watch Sebastiano hurry away quickly. Dael tries to step away from me, but I wrap my arms around his waist, cuddling up to him. He gives in with a sigh.

"Because everyone working here is part of a family of vampires."

"What? But he doesn't have red eyes," I argue, furrowing my brow. Well, if he says that, I guess it's true. Still, I have problems wrapping my mind around the idea. I think I'm missing something.

"No, you're not. You just lack knowledge, but I guess that's to be expected," he chuckles, playing with my hair. "Our females can conceive, though the fetus doesn't survive if the father's not a vampire. The child born is human, because our seed doesn't change during transformation. And since we don't change much afterwards, the parents wait until the child has grown up before doing it. Sometimes, it doesn't happen at all. It's really painful, so no one wants their child to have to go through that."

"Wow. That's really different from all those movies and books on vampires," I admit, impressed. Well, his skin is warm and he doesn't die because he's exposed to the sun, so I guess I should stop expecting him to be like the standard ‚vampire'.