Chapter 7. "This is Reality."

Kit's POV

"What is he doing here? He's still alive? God I missed him so much! But how did he get into this school? He can't use magic, he doesn't have tuition money and he has never read a lot of books. Sure he was always in love with magic but he couldn't have passed the written entrance exam right? This doesn't make sense. But I'm happy."

"Kit why are you talking to yourself, you look crazy."

"Er..Sorry, just thinking about something."

"What was that over there? Why did you think it was necessary to run away?"

"Oh ermm..Nothing. There was just some creepy guy staring at me..." I lied. I really can't believe this. After more than 5 years I get to see my little brother again. We only differ one year and he might've actually grown a bit taller than me now when I saw him but he will always be my little brother. I just wish I did something to not let him leave the house. It got so lonely at home, my parents would always force me to practice and study when I was home so I would get a good job and a good future. Maybe even a spot in the council. But I don't want any of that. I just want to enjoy nature, be with friends, explore the world with my brother and eat good food. My parents barely even let me eat candy anymore. Sure I used to be a little overweight and now you can actually see some definition of my abs and I like that people don't bully me anymore for it but I can't even have 1 KitKat anymore. I miss that little chocolate wafer. It was my favorite.

"Kit, you're spacing out again..."

"Oh..."

"What is wrong with you today friend?"

"Nothing, I'm just thinking..."

"About that guy?"

"Mhm."

"Was it the tall one or the short one, they were both staring at you." Now that Beam mentions it, I did notice the tall guy staring at me but for some reason I didn't mind. I was too busy being nervous about Yo's reaction however to look at his face properly. Would Yo still want to talk to me? Does he resent me for not helping him? For not going with him?

"Dude, really. Talk to me. I'm your best friend. You can tell me anything."

"Fine, but after class. If we don't hurry up we're going to be late and get scolded again."

"Alright. But you better tell me!" Beam warns me and I just slap his hand away, starting to walk away to class.

Our boring Economics class was finally over. Really I hate Non-Magi classes, they are just so dreadful and uninteresting. I sat down with Beam at one of the tables in the cafeteria, with a groan I put my head on my bed, wanting to sleep off this tiring day.

"No no no Ai'Kit. You're going to tell me what you problem is." Beam lifted my head and I sighed in annoyance.

"Fine!" I explained everything about me and Yo to Beam, it took me almost half an hour to explain since I was close to having a breakdown so many times.

"You think he still wants to talk to me?"

"Ai'Kit. You're in a tough position, I don't really know this Wayo personally so I can't really know if he has a forgiving personality that doesn't keep grudges. You told me how he was before but moving out into the outside world can change a person."

"Ugh. What am I going to do!" I groan and frantically rub my hair.

"Kit, just try and talk with him. What if's aren't going to restore your relationship with your brother."