Chapter 30. His Smile

Forth's POV

Me and Ai'Pong were currently scolding Beam and Copper for going too far, i expected this from Copper because he likes to tease until people get annoyed but i really didn't expect this from Beam.

"Beam, i'm really dissapointed in you."

"What!? What did i do? I'm sorry he couldn't handle a joke."

"YOU INDIRECTLY TOLD HIM, YO SHOULD LEAVE HIM! Do you really not see anything wrong with that?"

"N-no, because i didn't tell him that. I just told him people avoid him from the way he acts..."

"And that's the thing Beam! Phana doesn't like to be avoided! He wants to make friends and talk to people but he is uncomfortable with people!"

"Wait, Ai'Forth how do you know this?"

"I could ask you the same thing Ai'Pong."

"Yo told us that, Copper and I already insulted Phana once before and he got really depressed so we figured it was a sensitive topic for him, yet Copper was still stupid enough to egg N'Beam on to say stupid shit like that."

"I'm sorry okay! Ugh! Yo is probably back to hating me again." Copper groaned as he messed with his hair. During all of this P'Park and P'Suthee left us alone to treat Ming so we would have some privacy.

"But Ai'Forth, it's your turn now. How do you know Ai'Pha is uncomfortable with people around." I sighed but explained anyways, it had been a vulnerable moment for Phana so i dislike to speak about it but i hope that i could trust them.

"When the Freshmen Tournament was going to start in our year, both Phana and I didn't have a partner so the Student councelor put us together since the both of us still wanted to participate. I didn't have a partner because i was pretty bad at controlling my magic back then and Fire Type magic can be very harmful so i wanted a partner i could be compatible with, unfortunately only girls that developed a crush for me wanted to be my partner to get closer to me and the guys never had any type of magic to protect themselves. People back than already avoided Phana because one of our classmates used to go to his old high school and started spreading the word about...you know. Anyways, we got matched together and originally i was kind of weary too since his magic was specifically for killing, making the rumors more believable even for me. However Phana was the one to approach me first and he didn't just wanted me as a battle partner but as a friend."

"He wanted to be your friend? Didn't he like beat you up?"

"No Copper he didn't. Phana is actually pretty shy, kind of cute honestly. Anyways when he approached me we started talking and i kind of asked him about the rumor by accident. Strangely enough he told me that it wasn't the full story but he never explained the full story to me. He showed me a smile afterwards to show that he was okay but i saw how broken he looked, he didn't want any of that to happen, but what he did want was just a friend. So i became his friend. We got closer and he opened up more to me. That's why this pisses me off so much, he finally has someone to make him happy and Beam the words you told him back then even hurt me because i've seen what those words do to him." I gritted my teeth together and my hands were aching to hit something.

"Forth...i r-really didn't-"

"SHUT UP!" I shouted in Beam's face, everybody looked taken aback since i have never raised my voice before, especially not towards Beam but the pain of my first and best friend is really affecting me. "Do you know how hard it is to make Phana smile that that? Yo is the only one who can make him smile every single day and i really wish i could say the same, maybe i should've given up on you a long time ago..." I huffed humourlessly and shook my head. "I'm sorry Beam but maybe it's better if we don't see each other for a while...and Copper, watch what your saying next time, Yo might be forgiving but i'm not that easy. Bye Pong..."