Chapter 34. The calm before the storm

Wayo's POV

"Yo keep breathing, in and out. in and out." Ming guided me, we were currently in some sort of protected bubble travelling towards the Magix Rumble venue that was about an hour away, even in this stupid bubble. Why couldn't they just teleport us!

This bubble freaked me the hell out! We got notified someone would take us but i didn't expect a bubble to form in front of me, eat Ming and I and fly at the speed of sound away from our friends. 

I couldn't link with P'Pha because i didn't look him in the eyes before the bubble took us away since i had Kit's magic at the time, trying to create a glass flower just like he did for me to get through the time we had to wait outside of campus to get going. P'Pha called me but the connection got worse the farther we got until i couldn't reach him anymore. I guess not being with my Signer when i was panicking starting flipping me out. Apparently it was one of the council members who was able to use this magic and despite being highly intrigued and starstruck, i was stressing out too much. Luckily Ming knew some breathing techniques that i could use and despite the slow effort, it has been working. If Ming had not been in the same bubble as me, i would've passed out for sure.

Oh for those who are still confused, it is the day of the competition. It was currently around 8-9 hour in the morning but the Grand Magix Rumble will start at 5 in the afternoon, unlike our freshmen tournament, the matches will not all be held in one day. The first round will happen on day one, the second round or semi-finals will be held on day two and the finals and exhibition match will be held on the final day. All 3 days of the competition will be broadcasted worldwide and it is kind of nervewrecking knowing that milions of people will be watching you.

We got taken to the venue early to settle in, get familiar with both the setting and our opponents whilsts the audience would most likely arrive just a few minutes or hours before the Rumble started. P'Pha would drive up here with P'Forth, P'Park and P'Suthee whilsts P'Beam would travel together with my brother and the angels to get here. I heard that Ai'Ming's parents and P'Forth's parents would come here from their village to watch us and Ming was so excited about that when Forth brought in the good news, i was happy for my friends of course, yet i couldn't stop the feeling of underlying dread knowing that parents will actually be coming to watch. Will my parents come and watch me? Surely they won't right? The participants won't be announced until the first day of the competition and since Kit hasn't informed them about me they have no reason to be here, if they have any interest in the tournament they can watch it on tv.

We landed sooner than we thought and a man wearing some kind of white gown stood in front of us. He reminded me of some kind of oriental butler, a stoic expression and a straight posture with his hands held together behind his back, he looked like he was just a bit older than P'Park yet he looked so sophisticated like he has been through multiple wars, read every book from the magical archive and has some high rank in society which might've made him seem older and a bit more intimidating.

He took his hands from behind his back and wai'ed at us which Ming and I immediately returned.

"Welcome Mingkwan Daichapanya and Yo Suradej.(A/N Can't be bothered using their full names) My name is August and i am to guide you until you get settled in. Shall we?" We nodded and followed suit with our stuff in hand. He showed us around and shared a bit of information about past tournaments that took place here. There are 4 different stadia in the world where the tournament could be held. One in Paris France, one in Shanghai China, one in Nevada America and the last stage is here in Patong Thailand. And i have to say that i love this place already. It's close to both the city and the beach so the few from this modern colosseum style structure was beautiful. August looked more relaxed as we continued the tour and we talked more as friends instead of just a tourguide and two students. I actually felt pretty comfortable around him as well, August uses memory magic and he is an assistant of the council and a council member in training! He even gave us his number so we could ask him anything or just hang out. He is from a small village just outside of Chiang Mai where i was born but he hasn't been in his hometown in more than 10 years, to my suprise i was right to think he was around P'Park's age, he just turned 25 so he is 2 years older than P'Park and P'Pha...well soon P'Pha, in a bit more than a month P'Pha is turning 23. I should really think of something to do for his birthday.