Chapter 36. What are we up against?

Somewhat important note at the bottom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wayo's POV

"Ladies and Gentlemen. It is my pleasure to welcome you all to our anual Grand Magix Rumble!" The announcer's voice boomed througout the stadium and the crowd burst out in cheers. Ming and i were standing next to each other with all the other participants lined up together with us. Seth and his partner Allex, yes Allex with two l's, were standing in front of us and we were the last ones in the line. Allex was a normal human like us, he had tan skin and was just a tad shorter than Seth and Ming. His face was a bit chubbier with a button nose and half lidded eyes that looked around with boredom and uninterest. The weird thing however were his eyes, they were grey but they shined like marbles in the sun, they were so unbelievably beautiful and it was strange to see a native Thai with such unique eyes.

"Let's bring in our competitors! All the way from America, welcome James & Jaiden from Arizona University of the High Magics." The boy and girl at the front walked to the outside of the stadium and bowed to the crowd. I hadn't really have a chance to talk to the other competitors yet and i honestly want to get to know them as well. I never went outside of Thailand and wanted to hear stories about their own country. Then one by one the other teams were introduced. Andrew & Kat who were scouted in Ohio America, Jihan & Xiao Gu from Shanghai China. Justin & Jeffrey from Guangzhou China. Alain & Leona from Paris France. Kayla & Janine who were scouted in Rio de Janero Brazil and finally Allex & Seth from Pathum Thani Thailand and Ming and I from Bangkok Thailand.

I could immediately spot our friends from the overly loud yelling and cheering from the angels when Ming and I came out but i was trying to look for another person in the crowd. Unfortunately enough i couldn't spot them here before the announcer started with showing everyone the brackets.

A giant tournament board holograph looking thing appeared in the sky showing empty brackets which one by one started being filled in with our names. Ming and I were the second match and we were against Jihan and Xiao Gu, they were the ones from Shanghai if i'm correct. I looked to the right to try and remember which duo they were and one of them had the same idea, a boy around my height and size leaned behind everyone just like me and our eyes locked. He smiled and gave me a shy wave which i returned before his partner gently pushed his head back so the boy was standing up straight again. 

"The first match between Seth & Allex from Thailand and Alain & Leona from Paris will start in 10 minutes, so be sure to buy all your food and drinks now people! See you in a bit!" The announcer bowed and in the blink of an eye he was gone. 

"Stay calm Yo, we got this. Let's just watch the first game, one of them might be our opponents in the next round."

"You're really confident we will win this aren't you?" I asked my friend.

"Are you kidding me! Yo we are the strongest in our year, just like these guys. We are on equal ground! We can definitely win!"

"Huh...i guess you're right."

"Of course i am! We might actually have an advantage as well seeing as you already found your Signer and you have some strange super rare ancient magic."

"Okay Ming, please don't say that so casually, i don't want everybody to know this."

"Sorry sorry!"

As we walked back into the waiting rooms, we all waited for the first match to start, every participant in the waiting room wanted to know more about their opponents to think of new tactics, it was only natural. As for me, of course i wanted to have the advantage of knowing my opponents' strengths and weaknessess but i was more excited to see how much my friend has grown in the years that i haven't seen him.

"Fighters are you ready?" The announcer asked the participants who all nodded. "The match is over when your opponent is unconsious or unable to continue fighting! Let the Rumble Begin!" The ref shot a bolt in the air that created a firework blast and the crowd erupted in bolsterous cheering as the fight started.

Seth's partner just plopped down on the ground and with a yawn just sat there with his eyes closed. 

"Isn't he supposed to fight?"

"Maybe it's his magic?" I tried answering Ming but i wasn't fairly sure myself. One of his opponents, the boy Alain coated himself in water and as fast as a jet flew towards Seth while the girl, Leona stood back, however even through the camera i could see some kind of string connecting them together. Seth didn't dodge instead he slashed the ground up in front of him and a sandstorm started to erupt. the storm was too thick even for the camera to see through. I tried to look for any kind of move or action but it was futile. However not even two minutes later the sandstorm subsided. Allex was now sleeping in the lotus position he plopped himself down in at the start of the match. If this was an animation he would literally have the little snot bubble coming out of his nose. But on the other side Alain and Leona were both unconsious. Alain was stuck in the wall, bloodied and bruised, a hole made in the wall, maybe from the impact but i didn't hear the impact over the cheering of the crowd. Leona however was down on the ground without seemingly a scratch, just some sand stuck in her blond hair and clothes.

"And the winners of the first round are Allex and Seth!"

"W-what just happened?"

"I don't know...i couldn't see anything."

'P'Pha...were you able to see anything?'

'No i wasn't...the sandstorm blocked everything.'

"Yo? What's wrong?"

"I just spoke to P'Pha...he wasn't able to see anything either..."

"It's okay Yo...we just need to focus on our match right now, we will think of something for the next round when the time comes."

A/N

A/N

Hi! Sooo sorry for the short chapter but i am running out of inspiration right now, especially since writing magic based stories is still kind of unfamiliar for me. I've been very busy with school lately and seeing as i usually need 2-3 hours to write a single chapter it takes in a bit of my study time, so for now i have decided that i am going to put Signers on a short HIATUS.

Don't worry though, i am still going to work on The Gang Leader and His Moon and i am thinking about instead of starting a new story after that, that i will instead continue with Signers when TGLAHM is completed.

Hopefully you guys can understand my decision.

Also, it might be a bit late but thank you all for the birthday wishes and The Gang Leader and His Moon reached 100K views on my birthday! I couldn't have asked for a better gift <3

Anyways, thank you guys for your support. Much Love <3 - Ryan