CHAPTER 3

Junkook's POV.

I had finally arrived in Seoul, the city that I would be living in for a long time, apparently. It was a nerve-wrecking airplane ride. I don't know what I will be encountering here. It is probably going to be very hard to get used to school and make friends... I will only focus on getting through my classes.

I observed the city in the taxi ride with endless thoughts in my mind. I liked how the city looked. I wondered which places would be my secret hideout and favorite spots here. I always have a special spot everywhere I go. I wonder how Seoul is going to be like for me.

The taxi stopped, as the driver looked back at me and informed me.

"We are here."

I looked around. It really resembled the pictures I had seen online. The university campus looked really beautiful and enormous. 

"Thank you!" I replied to the driver as he came out with me to help me carry my bags to the campus entrance. I paid him and thanked him again.

"If you need help with getting around here, give me a call. Here is my card." The driver held out a business card, which took me by surprise. He was being unexpectedly friendly. I thought everyone would be cold here in Seoul.

"Oh that is very kind of you..." I looked at the card and back at the man. "Han-ssi."

He smiled warmly at me and patted me in the back. 

"Anytime kiddo. I can see you are newbie around here. I have kids around your age, so I would be happy to look out for you if you need any help." I bowed out of respect as he said the comforting words to me. It felt immensely relieving to have someone to count on, even though I thought to myself that I wouldn't call him. "You seem like a good kid. Take care of yourself." He said lastly as he showed me the campus entrance door and got into his car. 

I waved after ahjussi with an eased smile. I felt more comfortable in making my way inside the campus now that I had spoken with someone. I looked at my two bags and approached the entrance gates. The campus door was very big, and had big bars in the entrance. There were electronic gates and I saw students getting inside by pressing some cards. 

I stood in front of the electronic gates confused, as I didn't have my personal card to get inside. I wondered what I should do to get in. I looked around dazed, and thought of asking for help from one of the students. 

Oh, don't be silly Jungkook. I thought to myself. You stand out like a weirdo, especially with these bags, why would they waste time on helping you? I pouted unknowingly, feeling like an outsider. I was a student here, wasn't I?

I spotted a black glassed cabin right at the entrance, next to the gates. I thought that I could walk over there and ask for help from the guards. They would know how to help me.

"I can't stay here forever, can I?" I said loudly without meaning it, overwhelmed by my own thoughts. 

"You wanna go inside?"

I heard a voice behind me. Suddenly I felt my heart skip and I dropped my bags out of surprise of hearing someone speak closely to me, right behind me, more specifically. I automatically turned around and searched for the owner of the voice.

"Hey! Are you okay?"

He was a young-looking guy, wearing a beanie, a loosely worn school bag, blue jeans, a white oversized t-shirt tucked inside his jeans, and sports shoes. He had a couple of earrings, and from the first impression, he looked really handsome.

"Hello?"

I flinched and shut closed my hanging jaw as soon as the stranger spoke again. He circled to my front as he waved his hands in front of my face.