CHAPTER 24

Jungkook POV.

I kept biting my lower lip watching Jimin hyung and Taemin hyung. How did they even know each other? Taemin hyung was a super busy superstar, when did they even get the chance to get to know each other... Wow, they seem to be really close... Of course, what did you expect Jungkook? Jimin hyung is a social butterfly, of course he knows everyone... And of course everybody adores him...

- Jungkook-ah. -Suga hyung spoke from my side, his arm around my shoulder. We were both laid back at the couch, while the others were discussing excitedly about the teams and everything.

- Y-Yeah hyung? -I answered him while gulping. Suga hyung seemed scary before but now that he is acting quite close to me, I feel comfortable with him. He also seems a little isolated from the group, kind of an introvert. That's same as me.

- You wanted to team up with Jimin? -He suddenly asked with a smirk that almost gave me a heart attack. My eyes opened wide as I felt myself get hotter and hotter.

- W-What do you mean hyung....

- I know you two are close. -He spoke softly, only at a voice I could hear. The others were immersed into their discussion anyway. 

- Oh, y-yes. We kind of are I guess... -I replied avoiding eye contact with a shaky voice. Why was he talking about Jimin hyung now...

- Sorry if I took away your chance to team up with him. -He apologized but didn't seem to mean it. 

- It's okay Suga hyung! Don't worry about it! -I smiled at him, trying to change the subject but failing to continue talking about something new.

- He likes you a lot, Jimin. -Suga hyung spoke as my heart started beating faster and faster. What did he mean by that? He l-likes me a lot as in, like... -He talks about you all the time. He said you make him so happy. He couldn't sleep the other night, and I think it was because he was so happy. -Suga hyung said all these with a playful smile, that made me confused... Were all these things true or is he just messing with me right now? Because if he is messing, I have to warn my heart beforehand so it doesn't explode when I make eye contact with Jimin hyung tonight. 

- O-Oh... -That is all I could say in response, ignoring the nervousness and my tensed up body. It's getting warmer in here. Fuck, my face and neck is burning. Fuck. I think Suga hyung noticed it. Jungkook, pretend to smile. Pretend like nothing is wrong.

- Nervous? -He asked calmly, as if he didn't notice that I was. Fuck Suga hyung, I know that you noticed my red cheeks. Why are you making me feel even more nervous?! I tried to smile and stared at my hands, playing with them. -It's okay, we will start playing in a while. -He said in a comforting tone and tightened his arm around my shoulder, making me lean on him. It wasn't the best way to comfort me right now, I'm feeling uncomfortable and stuck.

At that moment, I noticed Jimin hyung's eyes on us. Shit, why do I feel like something is wrong? He is literally staring at us. His eyes suddenly caught mine and I couldn't feel anything else. I froze, and I couldn't even take my eyes away. I had that shocked and guilty face expression, killing myself inside for not being able to change it. I think my heart stopped. 

Jimin hyung had that stare that he had in the beginning when we weren't close. He was friendly when we were alone but when there were others, he sometimes took that cold attitude that gave me shivers. That hadn't happened in a while, I thought it was because we were getting close. But then... Seeing those eyes pulling me into that cold look was making my breath loud and my heart pace faster. Can he notice from far?...

- ALL RIGHT! -Hoseok's clapping suddenly broke the tense atmosphere as our attentions automatically turned to him. -Let's start! First team! -He pointed to Namjoon hyung and Joy.