CHAPTER 6

Jimin POV.

I watched the newbie all through the afternoon. I didn't like it that Hoseok kept on pushing him around, making stupid jokes at the poor kid. Jungkook looked like an innocent boy, somehow making me annoyed that he was so naive. There are so many annoying sharks around here that they might just turn him into the opposite with the blink of an eye. Well, not that Hoseok is one of them. He might look stubborn and cheesy but he draws his lines I guess. But I didn't think Jungkook would understand which people would be good or bad for him, he wouldn't be able to say no, I guess? Was he really that stupid? Ahh. My thoughts kept on giving me a headache all through the walk to the cafeteria and when we sat too. I didn't like that I kept on worrying about this kid that I didn't even know.

After we had ordered our food, Namjoon and Yoongi walked towards our table with Hoseok's new waitress fling. I was happy to see them. Namjoon is a good friend of mine; we sometimes talk our problems out and he gives me great advice. I try to listen to him and understand him more than giving advice, because he says he finds a way out of his problems automatically once he empties his thoughts. I am okay with that. I can listen to him talk. Heheh.

When it comes to Yoongi, he is my housemate. We stay at a 2+1 apartment at the junior dorm blocks. I moved in with him the first year unexpectedly. We met at the registration and he coldly asked me to be his housemate because he didn't like living alone. We hadn't exchanged any proper words but I had comfortably accepted his proposal. Since then, we exchanged blocks since the dorms are arranged according to the study year students are in but we always lived together. He is really cool, Yoongi. I enjoy sharing an apartment with him. He might look cold form the outside, but we both developed a really tight brotherhood. I can count on him at my hard times. 

Hoseok and I greeted both Namjoon and Yoongi as they sat down at our table. We exchanged a quick chit-chat but eventually the attentions turned into Jungkook. I constantly tilted my head left and right out of a pissed of feeling forming inside me, for a reason I annoyingly could not find out. I had been watching this kid since the morning and he has something that makes me worried about him. He is just too shy I guess, which is cute but that is not the point. He is way too shy, abnormally shy I could say. He starts panting and breathing faster when he feels uncomfortable, which I bet he feels a lot. Whatever, I teased him a little in the morning because I liked seeing his cute nervous reactions pop out. However, when I saw that Hoseok was teasing him it made me feel pissed off. And now everybody was looking at him, waiting for him to answer their questions and introduce himself.

At first I thought he was taking his time and didn't even pay attention at his face waiting for his answer along with the rest, but I noticed that he kept on gulping and his neck was wet from sweat. Since I was sitting a little behind his left side, I could see his back move back and front- was his heart beating that fast? 

"Yah, Jimin. Does this guy have anxiety issues or something?" A dark creepy feeling settled inside me. He was very reserved all morning. I leaned in a little forward to see his eyes, and I noticed... fear. That moment, only one thing came to my mind to save him from the situation that was about to turn awkward in front of everybody. 

- He is my new friend. -I quickly pulled my body into the part between his left shoulder and his back, surrounding him with both my arms. I slipped my left hand up top of his lower arm right above his right hand from under the table cloth, hugging him with my left arm. I put my other right arm on his right shoulder and put on a happy smile on my face. 

It took a while for Jungkook to turn to look at me, but when he did in a sudden head movement, I tried to assure him with my eyes that everything was under control. I took his left arm into my hand still under the table cloth and applied a little pressure on it, slightly squeezing it intending to assure him. I could feel his heartbeat since I was glued at his right shoulder with my chest. 

He hesitated to stop looking at me for a second but managed to look at the guys and finally speak.

- Hi... I am Jungkook. Freshman. -He stuttered a little, which I found again, crazy cute. His cheeks were red, he was blushing hard. My assurance smile turned into a adoring smile, feeling butterflies in my stomach and making me chuckle quite a bit silently. Jungkook should have felt it that he turned to look at me, only to find me staring at him with a big sloppy smile. He eyes looked at me, but I could see his little eyeballs shake, still nervous.

- You are a freshman? -Namjoon asked him as Jungkook turned his head towards Namjoon and nodded shyly. -Welcome to uni! -Namjoon said with a bright and confident smile, opening his arms to both sides. Jungkook let out a breath of laughter, signaling that he had felt a little relived. 

I ran my hand up and down his arm, as I felt him look down under the table with a shocked expression, then looking back at me again. I didn't change my expression, still smiling at him lovingly, with our faces very close to each other. He still looked fearful towards me, but I wondered why he dared to look in the first place. I could be deadly in a staring competition. Did he want to get flustered as he had never been before?

- How did you two even become friends? -Yoongi asked unamused, watching Jungkook awkwardly move his head back and forth. 

Yoongi always had that cold-seeming air around him. He intimidated people with his eyes, questions. People that didn't know him well wondered how I was able to form a friendship with him. He is not that bad, it just takes time to get used to his company. After that, he is real bro.

- Well, I showed him around today. Helped with his moving into dorm and everything. We ended up becoming friends. -I spoke with a natural smile, still hugging Jungkook. Yoongi raised an eyebrow and moved his head back and forth, not convinced but not caring at the same time.

- Name? -Namjoon asked Jungkook with a wide welcoming smile that exposed his dimples.

- I'm Jungkook, nice to meet you. Your name is...? -Jungkook finally was able to mumble some words that sounded decent. 

He was able to smile too now. I tried to feel his heartbeat, I couldn't feel it that much now. It had slowed down, good! I felt a relief myself, but still didn't want to let go of him even though I knew he was feeling better.

- Call me Namjoon. I am better known as the student body leader. I am in charge of student activities and orientation. We will probably meet in the freshman orientation class. As the student body, we are participating as some seniors to help freshman settle. -Namjoon explained as Junkook made his lips round, making surprised sounds.

While he was staring at Namjoon on the other side and listening to him, I analyzed the side of Jungkook's faced up and down, from his hair line, to his eyes, to his lips, to his chin... Damn, this boy was pretty. His heart had stopped being fast but mine had started being faster now. He looked so cute when he made that round shape with his lips. Heheh. I was still rubbing my fingers up and down his arm, but he seemed to be used to it now, not acting the same uncomfortable way as before. He was even chatting with Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok as if he wasn't going to die of anxiety a second ago. 

- Ahem. -I made quiet sound that only Jungkook would be able to hear, and removed my arms around him suddenly. I leaned back on the couch, taking that careless attitude as before, staring at the distance. Jungkook noticed it right at the moment and turned his body towards me in a sudden automatic action, looking at me with a curious and baffled expression at the same, which I was able to notice with the corner of my eye. I pretended to not care, letting go of that friendly attitude from before. 

He bent his head down, put his hands together and ran his right hand over his left arm from under the table, where I had been holding to assure him. I couldn't quite figure out what his face was showing, as I was leaning at the couch a little behind him again and his face was facing down front. He probably was trying to process what happened. I tried to hold my smile. I had done a good job both saving him from the awkwardness and confusing him with my closure at the same time. "Why was that so much fun again?" I giggled at myself silently as Jungkook tucked his hands in between his legs and looked at the guys, trying to get involved into the conversation.