CHAPTER 16

Jungkook POV.

I walked to the class 15 minutes early, and took my seat at the 4th chair from last in the amphi before any other student came in. I just wanted to bury my head and let them all take their seats and then make my face visible to the teacher. I wanted no attention on myself, so I kept on doing this all past first week. I took out my notes and put them on the table. Then I placed my right elbow on the table, putting my head on top of it, and with my free hand, I started scrolling down through my phone under the table. 

It was almost time, so I heard students come in. But I didn't move an inch, playing on my phone all along. 

- Ahem. -I heard a girl clearing her throat. I was startled, but didn't make any moves, thinking it wasn't directed at me but the girl this time spoke at me. -Excuse me? Guy with his head down...

- Yes? -I quickly closed my phone and sat up to look at the girl who was standing next to my chair. -Oh...

- You are Jungkook, aren't you? -She said with a pleasantly surprised face.

- Yes, and you are Amber, right? -I smiled at her. 

- This time you remember. -She giggled and made me slightly blush out of embarrassment. 

- Sorry...

- Don't worry about it! Is that seat taken? -She pointed at the chair next to me, which made me look at the chair and then back at her. 

- Umm... No? -I said doubting, not sure whether I would be comfortable having her sit next to me. She would want to talk and stuff... I wasn't good at those things...

- Then can I? -She asked, with a warm smile. 

- Sure... -I tried to smile back as she passed from behind me. Man...

Amber sat down next to me and pulled out her notes and pen from the bag, and placed them on the table. I pretended to look at my own notes awkwardly with a crumped and shy position, but I was watching her with my side sight secretly. By this time, the class was almost half full. Amber stopped moving around and turned towards me.

- So Jungkook, are you prepared for the auditions? 

- What auditions? -I looked at her in surprise.

- You don't remember? -She looked even more surprised, I even felt like I had offended her. -You know, the music club auditions... They are this Friday! 

- Sorry I didn't know... -I tried to sound convincing as I spoke, because I really had no idea what she was talking about.

- How don't you? When you came to our club registration at the fair with Jimin oppa I told you. -She looked a little frustrated. 

- J-Jimin oppa? -That was the only thing I heard, and my heart started beating fast immediately. I don't know whether it was because just Jimin hyung's name made feel like that or because she had added the word 'oppa' to it. 

- Hahah, oppa for me only. -She laughed at me repeating it exactly the same way. -Bro, you gotta make sure to get a piece ready with the guitar or something. I got my hopes up because oppa spoke highly about you, so I'll be looking forward to your performance among the others!

I laughed silently at the fact that she had called me 'bro'. She looked like a funny and friendly girl. I thought I would take off my prejudices and try to be friendly with her from that moment on too. 

- Ughh... I actually don't want to perform Amber. -I tried to explain her. -I never performed in front of anyone, and I thought I would just come and watch you guys play, but Jimin-ssi had to ruin my plans for me. -I said with a laugh.