CHAPTER 1

"Hello?"John said as he picked up the phone call from Sherlock.

"John." Sherlock calmly said.

John just got out of the cab and currently walking to St. Bart's Hospital entrance.

"Hey, Sherlock. You okay? Is (Y/N) with you?" John said.

"Turn around and go back the way you came now." Sherlock said, not minding what John just asked.

"No. I'm coming in." John said, still walking towards the hospital.

"Just do as I ask... Please." Sherlock said, frantically.

John turned back and looks around, bewildered. "Where?" He asked, Sherlock is not always like this.

"Stop there." Sherlock said from the other line.

A very confused John stopped. "Sherlock?"

"Okay look up. I'm on the rooftop." Sherlock said.

John cah hear Sherlock's voice cracked while he said that. Even though his heart is now beating 10x faster, John turns and look up and his face filled with horror. "I- I.. I can't come down so, we'll.. we'll just have to do it like this." Sherlock continued.

"What's going on?" John ask anxiously. "Where's (Y/N)? Why isn't she stopping you? Sherlock, stop."

"(y/n) she's fine. She fainted after Moriarty blew his head." Sherlock informed him, he looked at his back to see you then back to where John is currently standing. "This is an apology. It's all true."

John knits his eyebrow, "Wh-what?!"

"John. Everything they said about me and (y/n). W- we.. we invented Moriarty." Sherlock said looking to the body of his enemy whom is swimming on his own blood.

John stares up at his friend in disbelief. "Why are you saying this?" He asked even though he already knows what will happen.

"Im a fake." Sherlock said, voice breaking.

"Sherlock.." John breathed.

"The newspaper were right all along. I want you to tell Lestrade, I want you to tell Mrs. Hudson, and Molly... in fact tell anyone who will listen to you that (y/n) and I, created Moriarty for our own purposes." Sherlock said, tearing up.

"Okay, shut up. Sherlock, shut up. The first time we met.." John inhales deeply, "The first time we met, you knew all about my sister, right? Even (y/n)! She told me my whole life story in just a glance!"

"Nobody could be that clever" Sherlock said.

"Both of you could do it!" John almost shouted.

Sherlock laugh gazing down at his friend, a tear dripping down from his chin. "I researched you. Before we met I discovered everything that I could to impress you." He said and sniffs quietly. "It's a trick. Just a magic trick."

John has his eyes closed and is shaking his head repeatedly not really wanting to hear that from Sherlock. "No. All right, stop it now." He starts to walk towards the hospital entrance again but then stopped by Sherlock. "No! Stay exactly where you are." Sherlock said motioning his hands to John to stop and back up. "Don't move."

John nervously backs up, "All right."

"Keep your eyes fixed on me. Please will you do this for me?" Sherlock pleaded.

"Do what?" John asked confused.

"This phone call.. It's uh- it's my note. It is what people do, don't they? Leave a note?" Sherlock said, then another tear slid down to his face while looking down at John.

John shakes his head, momentarily taking his phone from his ear. He doesn't want to think about that, but Sherlock is still pointing that out. Sherlock can't do that. John puts his phone on his ear again, "Leave a note when?" John said with a shaky voice.

"Goodbye, John." Sherlock said.

"No. Don't!" John said he wants to run towards Sherlock but he feels like his body is numb. He can't move because of fear, fear of loosing his friend.

Sherlock gazes down at his friend for several seconds, then he lowers his arm and drops the phone onto the roof, gazing ahead of himself.

John lowers his own phone and screams upwards. "No. SHERLOCK!"

Sherlock spreads his arms to either side and falls forward, plummeting towards the ground.

John stares in utter horror. "Sher..."

A couple of seconds later the body impacts the ground. John finally found his strength but his hearing whites out as his entire body focuses on getting to Sherlock as soon as he can.

John runs to the corner of the building, then slows down and stops in the middle of the road when he gets his first glimpse of the still figure lying on the wet pavement, the lower part of his body obscured by a lorry parked at the roadside.

Behind John, a young man on a fast pedal cycle slams into him and sends him crashing to the ground, his head hit the asphalt hard.

Groaning, he struggles to stay conscious while, nearby, people begin to run towards the body on the pavement.

The lorry pulls away and a couple of medics from the hospital hurry out and start trying to prevent the onlookers from getting too close.

Grimacing with pain, John rolls onto his side and looks across to the pavement where Sherlock is lying on his side with a lot of blood under his head. Slowly John hauls himself to his feet and stumbles towards him as more onlookers gather, talking excitedly about what they saw.

John forces himself onwards. "Sherlock, Sherlock ..." John whispers as he reaches the crowd. "Im a doctor, let me come through. Let me come through, please."

Some of the crowd try to hold him back but he pushes through them. "No, he's my friend. He's my friend. Please." He cried as he reaches down to take hold of Sherlock's wrist, searching for a pulse.

A woman peels his fingers off and she and another person pulled him away. As he reaches towards his friend again, more medics arrive with a wheeled stretcher.

"Please, let me just ..." John pleaded.

The impact of the shock and the bang on his head begin to take effect and his knees give out. As he slumps to the floor supported by a couple of onlookers, two people gently roll Sherlock onto his back revealing his blood stained face and wide staring eyes. John can't help but groan in utter despair.

BANG

One loud sound from a gun came from the rooftop. John's heart stopped for a second as looked up and wishing that it's not his another friend, you.

Two medics immediately went at the rooftop to look at what happend. Instead of one body the medics saw two lifeless bodies lying cold on the ground.

One of medics shouted "We need two more here! Two bodies, a man and a woman!"

John can't believe what he just heard, "Nggh, Jesus, no." John tries to stand when he heard that, but his knees goes weak. "God, no! Not (y/n), not her too... Let me see her... Please..."

As the onlookers support him, four people lift Sherlock's body onto the stretcher and then rapidly wheel it away into the hospital.

John stares after it, his face blank and uncomprehending. He finally manages to get to his feet and shakes off his helpers, staring blindly in the direction that his friend's body was taken. He couldn't believe two of his friends are dead.

His two bestfriends.