CHAPTER 2

"Bollocks?!" Detective Inspector Greg Lestrade shouted. An old friend of the late Sherlock Holmes and (y/f/n).

"No-no-no-no! It's obvious! That's how they did it! It's obvious!" said Doctor Philip Anderson - the latter sporting a scruffy beard and with unwashed hair.

The two of them are discussing on how the detectives faked their deaths, well it's just Anderson who's believing that they are still out there.

"Derren Brown?! Let it go. They're dead." Lestrade said confidently.

"Are they?" Anderson said.

"There were bodies. It's them. Molly Hooper laid then out and if they faked their death what do you think they're doing now?! They are dead! So, stop it!" Lestrade said angrily.

"No, she's lying. Molly is lying. They replaced Sherlock's body with Jim Moriarty's body with a mask on!" Anderson said like he is very sure on his theory.

"A mask?!" Lestrade asked, thinking why he always waste time for Anderson and his nonsense theories.

Anderson nods eagerly.

"A bungee rope, a mask, Derren Brown. Two years, and the theories keep getting more stupid. How many more you got for me today?" you can tell to the Inspector's face that he's annoyed.

"Well, you know the paving slabs in that whole area - even the exact ones that he landed on - you know they were all ..." Anderson said but the Inspector interrupted him.

"Guilt." Lestrade looks sternly at Anderson. "That's all this is. You pushed us all into thinking that Sherlock and (y/n) was a fraud, you and Donovan."

Anderson looks down sadly.

"You did this, and it killed them, and they're staying dead. Do you honestly believe that if you have enough stupid theories, it's gonna change what really happened?" Lestrade added taking his cup of coffee with him and he starts to walk.

"I believe in Sherlock Holmes." Anderson said following Lestrade.

Lestrade turned around. "Yeah, well that won't bring him back." He continues on towards where several camera crews are filming reporters.

REPORTER 1 (into his crew's camera): "... that after extensive police investigations, Richard Brook did indeed prove to be the creation of James Moriarty ..."

REPORTER 2 (into a different camera): "... amidst unprecedented scenes, there was uproar in court as Sherlock Holmes and (y/f/n) was vindicated and cleared of all suspicion ..."

REPORTER 3: "... but sadly, all this comes too late for the detectives who became something of a celebrities two years ago ..."

REPORTER 1: "... Questions are now being asked as to why police let matters get so far."

Greg and Anderson are now standing side by side, each holding a cup of coffee whilst watching the reporters.

REPORTER 2: "(y/f/n) who's killed with a gun shot and Sherlock Holmes fell to his death from the top of London's Bart's Hospital. Although they left no note, friends say it's unlikely they were able to cope with ..."

Greg turns to Anderson "Well then." He raises his cup. "Absent friends. Sherlock. (y/n)"

"Sherlock. (y/n)." Anderson said sadly raising his own cup.

They tap their mugs together, "And may God rest their soul." and they drink.

Meanwhile...

At Sherlock's and (your name)'s grave, John gazes down at the headstones, as his eyes were still haunted with memories and loss.