CHAPTER 5

Mrs. Hudson and John has gone upstairs and opens the door to the living room of his former flat 221B.

He stands in the doorway, looking into the room. It's quite dark because the curtains are closed, but lots of dust is floating around, illuminated by the few shafts of light coming into the room.

John continues to stand still, looking towards Sherlock's chair by the fireside.

"I couldn't face letting it out." Mrs. Hudson said. She walk across to the right-hand window and pulls the curtains back, coughing at the dust. "He never liked me dusting."

"No, I know." John said turning to look into the kitchen.

As she open the other curtains, she asked him "So, why now? What changed your mind?"

Drawing in a deep breath, John turns back to face her, "Well, I've got some news."

She turned to him and her face fills with horror, "Oh, God. Is it serious?"

"What? No - no, I'm not ill. I've, er, well, I'm ... moving on." He said.

"You're emigrating." She said sadly

"Nope. Er, no - I've, er ... I've met someone."

She giggle with delight. Clapping her hands, she walk towards him smiling happily. "Oh, lovely!"

"Yeah. We're getting married ... well, I'm gonna ask, anyway." He informs her, smiling.

"So soon after Sherlock?" She looked at him, doubtful.

"Well, yes."

She thought for a moment, but then smiles at him. "What's his name?" She asked excitedly.

John let out an huge exasperated sigh, "It's a woman."

"A woman?!"

"Yes, of course it's a woman." Raising his voice a little.

She laughed in surprise "You really have moved on, haven't you?"

"Mrs Hudson! How many times ...?" John said, he stopped and breathed, "Sherlock was not my boyfriend."

"Live and let live - that's my motto." She said smiling at him.

"Listen to me: I am not gay!" John exclaimed and she just laugh it off and left John alone at the flat.
.
.
.
Meanwhile...

Sherlock doesn't have an idea that you're also back. Thanks to Mycroft you need to get back there also as soon as you finish your latest mission for the MI6.

You need to fake your death to protect the only family that you have. You can't lose them.

"I think I'll surprise John. He'll be delighted!" You heard Sherlock said.

Mycroft asked "You think so?"

"Hmm. I'll pop into Baker Street. Who knows - jump out of a cake." Sherlock said, spunding sarcastic.

You enter the room quietly while Sherlock is fixing his jacket, "I think that's not a good idea, Sherlock. We both know that." You said smirking.

Sherlock jumped, "(Y/N)?! You're back too!" He happily said.

You smile and walk towards him. "Wanna give me some hug?" You teased.

Sherlock rolled his eyes but then hugs you, "You lost some weight."

"Yeah, yeah. I missed you too Sherlock!" You said, tapping his arm.

Well Mycroft, being Mycroft. He interrupted your mini reunion. "So, Baker Street? You thought he's still in Baker Street?"

Sherlock and you looked surprised.

"What?!" You said.

"Why would he be? It's been two years. He's got on with his life." Mycroft answered.

"What life? We've been away." Sherlock said.

Mycroft pretty much rolls his eyes without actually rolling them.

"Where's he going to be tonight?" You asked.

"How would I know?" Mycroft said acting like he doesn't know.

"You always know." Sherlock said.

"Yep." You said, popping the 'p'.

"He has a dinner reservation in the Marylebone Road. Nice little spot. They have a few bottles of the 2000 Saint-Emilion, though I prefer the 2001." Mycroft said.

"See?! You always know everything." You said and rolls your eyes.

In answer, he just rolled his eyes too.

"I think maybe I'll just drop by. You coming (y/n)?" Sherlock asked but before you can answer him, Mycroft interrupted. "You know, it is just possible that you won't be welcome."

"No it isn't." You said confidently.

"Now, where is it?" Sherlock asked.

"Where's what?" Mycroft asked, frowning.

"You know what."

Suddenly a Anthea appears in the doorway holding Sherlock's Belstaff coat. Sherlock smiles with delight, and slides his arms into the sleeves as she lifts it into position. She has even already popped the collar for him.

"Welcome back, Mr Holmes." Anthea said.

Sherlock pulling the collar tips into a better position said thank you to her.

Wow, he really just said thank you?

He smirks at you then he turns to face his brother. "... blud." He said sarcastically.

You just shook your head and chuckled and followed Sherlock exiting the room.