CHAPTER 14

With the happenings last night, you didn't get enough sleep. It still bothers you who did that. Why do they need to do that and why John?

You tiredly stand up from your bed and went to shower. As always, you wear your turtleneck shirt and ripped jeans. Of course it's all black, it's your color. You get your coat from the rack and exits your flat.

On your way up to Sherlock's flat, you heard Mrs. Hudson sings, "Ohh-oohh.."

You look at her and she's carrying your morning tea, "Good morning, Mrs. Hudson. Lemme get that." You said, and get the tray from her hands. "Thank you!" You smile at her and walk straight to 221B's living room.

It's too early and he's not usually awake at this time so you lay on his couch and went to your mind palace while waiting for him to wake up.

You were just about to enter when...

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

A knock on the door interrupted you. It's too early to have a client so you just ignored them. If it's Mrs. Hudson or Lestrade they will not bother to knock.

But then, they knocked again. Much louder this time.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

You angrily open the door and raise your voice a little, "Do you know what's the time? It's too early for cases. Come back later!" You soosh them.

A grey-haired couple were standing in the door way, looking confused on why you were the one who answered, "Uh.. Hi good morning dear, but is Sherlock in there?"

Finally giving them the attention, you realise who they were, "Are you- are you Mr and Mrs Holmes?"

The man smiles at you, "Yes. We just got here in London and decided to visit Sherlock first."

"Oh, my apologies. Please, come in." You said, letting the couple enter the flat. You pointed the couch and they nodded. "I'll wake up Sherlock, excuse me."

Before she sits, Mrs. Holmes looks at you and asked, "Dear, are you Sherlock's girlfriend?"

You were taken aback, "WHA- No... No, ma'am. Just friends." You said. "Where did my manners go, I didn't introduce myself... I'm (your full name), Sherlock's detective partner. I solve cases with him." You said, shaking their hands.

Mrs. Holmes smiles sweetly at you, "Oh, (y/n)? Finally, I met you. Myc always talk about you and Sherlock." She said, "You're really a beautiful woman."

Your face heats and blush uncontrollably. No words comes out to your mouth so you just smiled at them and looked down.

"So, Sherlock's still sleeping?" She asked.

Looking at her again, you said "Erm, yes. I'll wake him for you. Excuse me."

You excuse yourself and run into Sherlock's bedroom. "SHERLOCK! WAKE UP!" You whisper-shouted, barging in to his room.

He just groaned as an answer.

"Your parents are here!" You said, shaking him to wake him up.

You snap his head towards you, eyes were widened, "What the he--"

Few moments later...

Wearing a suit but without the usual dressing gown over it, Sherlock sits in his armchair with his eyes closed, sighing quietly and occasionally drumming his fingers on the arms of the chair and you're sitting on John's chair with your eyes closed.

The grey-haired couple are sitting on the couch and Mrs. Holmes have been talking for some time, "... which wasn't the way I'd put it at all. Silly woman. Anyway, it was then that I first noticed it was missing. I said, Have you checked down the back of the sofa?" She said.