CHAPTER 11

Back at your own flats. You and Sherlock were now currently on his living room, peering at the wall behind his sofa.

Your homeless friends already gave you and Sherlock the list of suspicious people around the area.

You picked up the paper and steps onto the sofa. You stick it up together with maps and pictures.

"Sometimes it’s not a question of Who?, it’s a question of Who Knows?" Sherlock said

Ypu look at him and nodded. You pinned at picture of a man sitting on a park bench while eating his sandwich, "If this man cancels his papers, I need to know." You said.

"If this woman leaves London without putting her dog into kennels, I need to know." He said, pinning another picture.

"If they start to move, we’ll know something’s up – like rats deserting a sinking ship." You said to him while pinning the rest of your so called rats.

Time flies and after a few hours of discussing, linking and crossing out some of the pictures on the wall, you and Sherlock finally decided to rest.

When we say rest, meaning you're going to your own Mind Palace as Sherlock called. You don't mind calling your that too since you don't have any names for yours.

So, you were currently on your 'Mind Palace' whilst lying down on Sherlock's sofa, but then got distracted by ticking of shoes.

Trying to deduce the person, you listen to the sound they make and you know it's Mycroft with his umbrella.

The sound stopped at the middle of the living room, still not opening your eyes,  "What do you need?" You said.

Mycroft rolls his eyes and hit the chair of Sherlock with his umbrella, "I need an update, Sherlock."

You heard Sherlock make incoherent sounds before standing up. Without speaking a word to his brother he went straight to his room to retrieve something.

Few moments later...

"All very interesting, Sherlock, but the terror alert has been raised to Critical." Mycroft informs him.

The two of them are sitting opposite each other in front of the unlit fire, whilst you were still lying at the sofa.

Sherlock sits back from his chair as he make a move, with his eyes locked onto Mycroft’s, "Boring. Your move." Sherlock said.

"We have solid information. An attack is coming." Mycroft said as he glances down towards the table between them.

"Solid information." Sherlock repeated, "A secret terrorist organisation’s planning an attack – that’s what secret terrorist organisations do, isn’t it? It’s their version of golf."

Mycroft knits his eyebrow, "An agent gave his life to tell us that."

You internally rolled your eyes before speaking, "Oh, well, perhaps he shouldn’t have done. He was obviously just trying to show off."

Mycroft looks at you and appears to hold back a sigh, "None of these markers of yours is behaving in any way suspiciously?" He said as glances down again at the and makes a move, "Your move."

"No, Mycroft, but you have to trust us. We’ll find the answer. It’ll be in an odd phrase in an online blog, or an unexpected trip to the countryside, or a misplaced Lonely Hearts ad." Sherlock said, moving a piece. "Your move."

Mycroft glances down briefly before raising his eyes to Sherlock’s again. "I’ve given the Prime Minister my personal assurance you’re on the case."