CHAPTER 58

Today is the day that you're going to Dublin. Mycroft's assistant phoned you that your flight is 1 o'clock in the afternoon, not enough to say goodbye to your friends and lover.

As you put your baggages at the bottom of the stairs of Baker Street you heard a quiet conversation upstairs.

"Lestrade. Hopkins." You greeted. Both of them nods at you. "What's for today? Pearl of Borgia?" You asked Hopkins and she nodded. "Boring, I don't think Sherlock will solve it. And Graham! Look at you! Goodluck with your date." You said, smirking. Before Lestrade can say anything you open the door of 221B's living room and found John and Sherlock talking on a client.

John chuckles almost silently. "Are you serious?"

"No, of course not." Sherlock answered, looking at you. "What time's your flight?"

"An hour from now and Mr. Kingsley? Another problem with your girlfriend? Wife?" You said to the client.

Sherlock stands up and walks towards the door. "His wife left him because his breath stinks and he likes to wear her lingerie."

"I don’t!" Mr Kingsley exclaimed. You and John quirks a look at him. "Just the bras."

Opening the door, "Get out." Sherlock said.

Kingsley stands up and leaves the room. Sherlock pushes the door shut again.

"So. What’s this all about, then?" John asked Sherlock.

"Having fun." Sherlock answered.

"Fun?"

"While I can."

"Mm-hm."

"What's this?" You asked, pointing the red balloon floating in John's chair.

"That's me, it's been there since nine and Sherlock didn't noticed until he asked for my opinion." John answered earning a slight chuckle from you.

"My ride will be here in five minutes and, I just came up here to say goodbye and I'll see you next week, hopefully."

There’s a knock on the door and Hopkins opens it and comes in before John and Sherlock can answer you. "Uh, Sherlock ..."

"Borgia Pearl, boring, go." Sherlock immediately said as he turns her around and pushes her towards the landing.

"Uh, but, uh ..."

"Go!" He pushes the door shut. Immediately Lestrade opens it and comes in. Sherlock looks exasperated. "Oh, this had better be good."

"Oh, I think you’ll like it." Lestrade said and from the paper bag he produces a clear plastic bag and holds it up. Inside are shattered pieces of white plaster, and some of the larger pieces show that this was a Thatcher bust.

Sherlock takes hold of the bottom of the bag and looks at it closely.

"That is the bust, isn’t it? The one that was broken." John said.

"No, it isn’t. It’s another one; different owner, different part of town. You were right! This is a ... this is a thing. Something's going on." Lestrade answered.

Sherlock looks at the bag and his gaze becomes intense. You immediately walk towards them and looks intensely at the bust.

"What’s wrong? I thought you’d be pleased." Lestrade said.

"I am pleased." Sherlock answered.

"You don’t look pleased."

Still looking down at the bag, "This is my game face." He said as he raises his eyes, a slight smile forming. "And the game is on." Then he turns away.