CHAPTER 9

AGAIN. The four of you were thrown out. Now, all of you were standing outside the door of the kebab shop.

"I don’t understand." Sherlock said as he lift his head up because blood is running from his nose. He pinches the bridge of his nose with one hand and holds a paper napkin underneath with the other.

"We said we're sorry. Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do?" You asked Mary.

Mary is standing beside you, while John is a few yards up the road hailing an approaching taxi. "Gosh. You two really don’t know anything about human nature, do you?" She said, knitting her eyebrows.

Sherlock lowers his head and looks at her. "Mmm, nature? No. Human? ... No."

"I’ll talk him round." Mary said.

Sherlock takes the napkin from under his nose and looks at her curiously.

"You will?" You asked.

"Oh yeah." She said confidently.

You look at her closely and goes into deduction mode. Many, many words appears in your mind, some of them repeated several times.

only child
linguist
Clever
part time nurse
Shortsighted
Guardian
Liar
Bakes
Own
Bread
Liar
Disillusioned
Cat Lover
Romantic
Appendix Scar
Lib
Liar
Dem
Secret Tattoo Size 12

She smiles at you, then looks round as John calls to her. "Mary." She turns to give you and Sherlock a last smile, then walks over to John. They get into the taxi and it drives away.

Sherlock watches them go whilst you think about the word Liar that you deduced to her. Liar... what does it mean?

In the taxi John indignantly turns to Mary. "Can you believe their nerve?"

Smiling, Mary looks round at him. "I like them."

"What?"John asked.

Mary is shrugging and smiling, "I like them." she repeated.

She turns her head away and looks out of the window. John narrows his eyes, looking completely bewildered.

Back at the kebab shop, Sherlock looks down thoughtfully, then turns to yoi.

"(y/n)." Sherlock said.

"hmm..?" You mumbles distractedly.

"Let's go and surprise everyone." Sherlock said smiling.

"Sure, can't wait to jump out in front of them with a cake!" You said sarcastically.

Not long after, you and Sherlock were now on the St. Bartholomew's Hospital to see Molly Hooper.

You and Sherlock waits into Molly's locker room. Few minutes later, Molly walks inside and takes out her keys and opens her locker.

Sherlock walks at her back, as the door swings open, and the mirror on the inside reveals him standing a short distance away behind her, smiling slightly.

She gasps in happiness and turns to look at  him. She hadn't notice you yet so you cleared your throat and smirk at her.

Her eyes widened and run towards you, hugging you as soon as she's one step away from you.

You gladly hugs her back and pat her head, "Nice seeing you too, Molly."

"You don't know how much I've missed you!" She cried.

You look at Sherlock begging for help, but he just shrug and smirk at you.

You roll your eyes and hold Molly in arms length, "Are you okay? You lost weight!"

She wipes her tears and smiles, "So are you."

You, Molly and Sherlock chatted for a few more minutes before leaving to see Lestrade.

You and Sherlock were now at a underground car park, following Lestrade walks as he search something in his pockets across the area.

Behind him the two of you walk past him and disappears into the shadows of an unlit area of the car park. Unaware of this, Lestrade continues rummaging in various pockets.

You drop some metal causing metallic clinks noisily in the darkness.

Lestrade looks around but can see nothing and he resumes his search through his pockets until he finally finds what he was looking for.

Tipping a cigarette out of the pack, he sticks it into his mouth, puts the rest of the pack back into his pocket and then flicks his lighter and raises it towards the end of the cigarette.

Before the flame reaches the cigarette, "Those things’ll kill you." You said, still in darkness.

Lestrade freezes, staring into the distance while his brain catches up with what – and who – he just heard. Finally he lowers his lighter and takes his fag out of his mouth.

"Ooh, you bastard!" He growls.

You walk towards him out of the darkness, "It’s time to come back. You’ve been letting things slide, Graham."

"Greg!" He corrected you.

"Greg." You repeated. He stares at you for a long moment, his lips slowly lifting to reveal his teeth.

Grimacing, he lunges towards you and wraps his arms around you neck and pulls you into a tight hug.

You just smile while you pat his back.

Just then, Sherlock comes in to the view, "You might want to share one stick... for me." Once again, you felt that Lestrade froze while hugging you. "Or... no?" Sherlock continued.

"You little shits!" Lestrade shouted. He released you from his hug and pulls Sherlock for a hug.

You shook your head and chuckled, maybe coming back from the dead isn't that so bad.