CHAPTER 50

Shortly afterward, the plane taxies along the runway. You and Sherlock sits inside looking out on the windows. You take a last glance to the couple before the plane lifts into the sky.

"(y/n)." Sherlock called.

"Hmmm?" You said, looking at him. You were sitting on the other side of the plane. Both of you were on the window side.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course. Just a little bit worried." You answered honestly.

"About what?" He asked, frowning.

"About John." You said, worriedly.

"He's fine and he'll be fine. He managed to live without us for two years, he can handle it and besides Mary is there for him. So there's nothing to be worried about." Sherlock assured. He smiles at you and reaching for your hand, "Come here." He said.

You stand up from your seat and sits beside Sherlock, as you took his hand with yours. Both of you sighs as you entwined your fingers with his.

"I like you too." He said, then he kissed your hand before closing his eyes to go to his mind palace.

Just like what happened to Sherlock back in his parents house, your body froze and unable to speak or move.

He- He likes me too?

You were jumping and gigling from the inside but you kept ahold of your body.

After a moment, you lean your back to your seat and lip your bit as you blush whenever you think of the words he just said.

It's exactly six minutes since you depart from the airfield when when a male flight attendant approach the you, "Ma'am?"

You look at him and he's holding out a phone towards you, "It’s Mr. Holmes."

With that, you slowly released your hand from Sherlock's and takes the phone to the flight attendant and put it on the speaker. "Mycroft?" You said.

Sherlock opens his eyes and looks at you then to the phone you were holding, "What do you need?" He irritably said.

"Hello, little brother. How is the exile going?" Mycroft said, over the phone.

"We’ve only been gone four minutes." Sherlock said.

"Six actually." You corrected.

"Well, I certainly hope you two have learned your lesson. As it turns out, you were needed." Mycroft said.

"Oh, for God’s sake. Make up your mind. Who needs us this time?" You said, rolling your eyes.

"England." He answered with exasperated sigh.

You and Sherlock looked at each other, thinking why would England needs you.

"What? England? Why?" You asked.

"I sent a message. Look at it." He said.

With the phone call still on, you opened the message that Mycroft sent. It is a video with Jim Moriarty's face and saying Miss Me?  repeatedly.

You swallowed and looks at Sherlock, "But he's dead."

LATER

The executive jet plane now is landing at the airfield.

You were now sitting again in the opposite side of the plane. He told you not to disturb him because he's going in his mind palace.

As the plane lands you can see John and a heavily-pregnant Mary stand in front of the car and watch as your plane rolls to a halt.