CHAPTER 66

"This is fun! Whoo!" You exclaimed, you're driving your Audi R8 Gold and it was like you're in a race with Mrs. Hudson with her Red Aston Martin V8 Vantage S. "I can do this all day, Myc!"

Mycroft sighed from the other line. "This is not a game, (y/n). You know that's illegal."

"Well, I have you to pardon me, so I guess this is fine." You said, overtaking Mrs. Hudson. Your car skids around the roundabout, almost sideways at one point and noticed that there are cars and helicopter following you. "Hey, Myc. You still there?"

"Yes."

"Three police cars and a helicopter. Talk to them when we get there."

He sighed heavily, "What's your speed?"

"I'm not telling you."

"Then, slowdown a bit."

"Nope. This is the first time I'm doing this, don't tell me to stop because I'm telling you your just wasting your breath."

Mycroft groaned, "I'm out of words to say. Unbelievable."

"Welcome back to me." You said, smiling from ear to ear. "We're already here." Then you hit the break, avoiding to crash at the police car in your front. "Are you serious? They want to ruin my car, Myc. How dare them." You protest.

"It's their job, as if you didn't know that." He said, exhasperated.

"I'm gonna give my phone to them. You know the drill, Mycroft." You said, then you open the door and you're welcomed by Mrs. Hudson's music banging your ears. "That was amazing Mrs. H! One more round?" Not minding the officer behind you.

"Right, you there. Stop right where you are." The officer said.

You stopped and turn to face the officer, "And why would I?" You said, raising an eyebrow.

"Do you have any idea what speed you were going at?"

"Yes." You said, confidently.

"And you're aware that's illegal."

"Completely aware. Here, take this. It's for you." You said, handing your phone.

He took the phone, "For me?"

"Uhuh, it's the government."

"The what?!" He said then raises the phone to his ear. "Hello?"

"What’s going on? What’s wrong?" John asked, completely bewildered by the scene.

Mrs. Hudson looked at you but you nodded at her telling that she must answer John. "Oh, it's nothing. Just lost the bet, owes (y/n) 50 bucks." She said.

"Look at the state of you! Mrs H, what have you been doing?!" John asked. "What’s happened?"

"It’s Sherlock!" She said then she broke down in tears, then pulls John into a hug. "You’ve no idea what I’ve been through!"

"I don't know where this old lady learned acting. She's pretty impressive." You whispered to yourself.

"You were saying, (y/n)?" She asked, after John went inside the house.

You shook your head, "Oh, nothing. Don't mind me."

"Come with me, John's already inside." She said.

"That's not a good idea. I'm gonna stay here." You said. "Go get him."

Mrs. Hudson nodded and followed John inside so you walk at the rear of Mrs. Hudson's car and knocked twice. "Hey. Are you okay there, Sherlock?"

"I think I'm gonna puke."

"Don't! Mrs. H will be mad."

"Why do I need to stay here? I just want a cup of tea!" Sherlock exclaimed.

"You'll get it later. Now be quiet, they will be out here in any second."

He huffed, "FINE."

"You know, he acted like he didn't see me." You said, "Do you think this will work? I don't think he wants us to be near him."

"It will work, (y/n). Trust me."

"This better work, because, I don't know what to do anymore." You said, looking at the door of the house where John and Mrs. Hidson entered. Just then, the door opened and Mrs. Hudson is storming outside the house. "What happened? You looked--"

"Don't speak, go distance yourself from me." She quickly said, shooing you.

"Uh--"

"Now!"

"Okay, fine. No need to shout." You said, walking away from her whilst holding your hands up.

As soon as you already distanced yourself, Mrs Hudson folded her arms on top of the Aston’s roof and lowered her head onto them and started crying.

"Wow. She must receive an award for this." You said, as you lit up a cigarette.

As if on the queue, John comes out of the house, and slowly walks towards Mrs. Hudson while she sobs noisily. He stops behind her for a long moment, blows out a long breath and steps closer. "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"

"They don’t matter. You do." She straightens up and turns to face him. "Would you just see him? Please, John. Or just take a look at him as a doctor? I know you’d change your mind if you did."

"Yeah, look, okay, maybe, if I get a chance."

"D’you promise?"

"I’ll try, if I’m in the area."

"Promise me?"

"I promise."

"Thank you!" She happily exclaimed and instantly turns and walks to the rear of her car. She opens the boot of the car and lifts it up.

Inside the boot, Sherlock looks up at her anxiously. John walks to the rear of the car and looks into the boot with no expression on his face. Mrs. Hudson turns to John, "Well? On you go. Examine him!"