CHAPTER 33

Sherlock walks on Sholto's back and puts a card on his table while you asked the guests, "There is another question that remains, however – a big one, a hugeone: how would you do it? How would you kill someone in public?"

"There has to be a way. This has been planned." Sherlock followed.

"Mr. Holmes! Ms. (last name)!" Archie shouted, jumping excitedly.

You and Sherlock stopped and turn to him, "Oh, hello again, Archie." Sherlock greeted, he bends forward to get more down to Archie’s level. "What’s your theory? Get this right and there’s a headless nun in it for you."

"The invisible man could do it." Archie answered.

"The who, the what, the why, the when, the where?" You asked him in quick fire.

"The invisible man with the invisible knife. The one who tried to kill the Guardsman." Archie said. You gasps and straightens up, eyes wide.

The information that is pinned in Sherlock's wall, all about the wedding plans. In your mind using your photographic memory you zooms in on a wedding invitation pinned to the wall, announcing the wedding at St Mary’s Church, Sutton Mallet on Saturday 18th May at 12 o’clock and after.

You move to look at your list of things to do and focuses on the word "Venue". You sees the reception room. You look at the word “Venue” again and this time sees an image of the barracks and soldiers parading outside.

You shifts your focus to the word "Plan" and then sees a close-up of Private Bainbridge standing on guard outside the barracks, your gaze fixed on the three tourists over the road as they walk away and reveal the stalker.

You move your eyes to look at the word "Rehearsal." In flashback, when you walks into the shower room and sees the slumped body of Bainbridge and bloodstained water.

You turn your head to Sherlock. He close his eyes for a moment. Then he opens them again.

"Oh, not just planned. Planned and rehearsed." He said to you, you nodded and turn to watch Sholto reaches the door and starts to open it.

Sherlock turns back and heads quickly towards the top table, swiping someone’s champagne glass from a table as he goes and you do the same, "Ladies and gentlemen, there will now be a short interlude." He skids to a halt in front of the top table and turns and holds up his glass. "The bride and groom!" A little uncertainly this time, the guests stand up and raise their glasses.

"The bride and groom." The guests said.

You immediately turn and starts making your way through the guests who are now blocking the aisle. "Excuse me, coming through!"

You heard John and Sherlock following you behind, "Which room?"

"Sherlock? Where?" John asked.

"Uh.. I can't remember!" He said.

"What the hell? But you're the one organising it!" You said.

The three of you stopped on a half-landing partway up the staircase, Sherlock stands with the tips of his fingers against his temples and his eyes screwed closed while you and John paces impatiently beside him. "How can you not remember which room? You remember everything."

"I have to delete something!" Sherlock irritably said.

Luckily, Mary runs around the corner and pelts up the stairs in between you, holding up her skirt with one hand to stop herself tripping over it. "Two O seven."

Reaching the second floor, Sherlock knocks on the door of Room 207 and tries the handle. "Major Sholto? Major Sholto!"
He slams the flat of his right hand repeatedly against the door. "Major Sholto!"