CHAPTER 24

Church bells peal and the doors to a church open. John and Mary, the newlyweds, walk out followed by Sherlock and the chief bridesmaid, Janine, then two more bridesmaids and the vicar.

"Congratulations!" the photographer congratulates them, "Okay, hold it there - I wanna get this shot of the newlyweds." John and Mary stopped and the bridesmaids stand behind them. Sherlock steps to Mary's side. "Er, just the bride and groom, please." The photographer said but Sherlock doesn't move so John looks round at him. "Sherlock?"

"Oh, sorry." He apologized and walks out of the shot.

"Okay - three, two, one, cheese!" The bridesmaids throw handfuls of confetti into the air and the photographer starts taking pictures.

The rest of the congregation come out and the photo-taking continues, including one of John, Sherlock and Greg standing side by side, with a young pageboy - about eight years old - standing in front of them wearing either John's or Sherlock's top hat. Then he also takes a picture of John with his bestfriends, you and Sherlock, and a solo picture of you and Sherlock together.

As the photographer takes a picture of Sherlock and Janine. You noticed that Molly stands with her fiancé Tom. She is gazing at Sherlock and if she really believes that she has "moved on" her expression suggests that she's not fooling anyone but herself. You just rolled your eyes and deduce every person that you see.

As you observe everyone, you noticed that Sherlock and the chief bridesmaid are talking and laughing. She also playfully punched Sherlock's arm.

You frown in the scene.

What are they talking about?

She looked like enjoying Sherlock. Sherlock jerks his head towards one of the wedding guests he looked like he's deducing him for that bi-- girl.

You were curious so you start to deduce the man that he's observing too:

Recently divorced doctor
Has a ginger cat
Barn conversion
and a history of erectile dysfunction...

Oh. Nevermind.

You broke your gaze to the man and start talking with the other guest.

Later, John and Mary, with you and Sherlock at John's side, are standing outside the venue for the reception, greeting the guests.

Then, a man who is now approaching the newly weds, looks at you awkwardly, "David." You said the mans name like a piece of shit.

"David!" Mary happily approach, she reaches out her arms ready to hug him but he leans away, laughing nervously, and just clasps her arms briefly.

"Mary. Congratulations. You look, um, very nice." He quickly moves away from her, Mary looks puzzled and he shakes John's hand. "John, congratulations. You're a lucky man."

"Thank you."

"Um, er, David, this is Sherlock and (y/n)." Mary introduced you to him.

You smirk at him while Sherlock smiles at him, tight-lipped.

"Um, yeah. We've, um, we've met." He said then he looks down nervously.

~FLASHBACK~

David is sitting at the dining table in 221B, looking around the room and then turns to where Sherlock is sitting opposite him holding a pen and you were beside Sherlock with a crossing arms.

"So, what exactly are my duties as an usher?" David asked while he picks up the Sudokube from the desk and idly plays with it.

Sherlock frowns disapprovingly, then puts down his pen and folds his hands. "Let's talk about Mary, first."