CHAPTER 52

"What you’re about to see is classified beyond top secret." Mycroft said, as you look in a video screen that is showing four perspectives of the scene on the patio at Appledore shortly before you and Sherlock shot Charles Magnussen.

You and Sherlock where now in a room together with Lady Smallwood, Lady Smallwood's secretary, Sir Edwin and Mycroft, three days after Moriarty's face hack every tv in England and eleven days since the Magnussen incident.

Beside Mycroft, you and Sherlock were sitting on a chair facing the table where Lady Smallwood and Sir Edwin is sitting. "Is that quite clear? Don’t minute any of this. Once beyond these walls, you must never speak of it. A D-notice has been slapped on the entire incident. Only those within this room – code names Antarctica, Langdale, Porlock and Love – will ever know the whole truth."

You heard a rapid quiet clicking beside you, so you look at Sherlock and sees that he's typing in his phone.

"As far as everyone else is concerned, going to the Prime Minister and way beyond, Charles Augustus ... Are you tweeting?!" Mycroft suddenly said, glaring down at Sherlock.

Sherlock looks up guiltily and covers his phone even as the sound of a tweet being sent can be heard.

"No." Sherlock answered.

You looks at two men and chuckle.

"Well, that’s what it looks like." Mycroft said, exasperated.

"Of course I’m not tweeting. Why would I be tweeting?" Sherlock said.

"Give me that." Mycroft said, who quickly walks across to his brother and reaches for the phone.

"What? No. Get off. What are you doing?" Sherlock tries to hang on to the phone with both hands while Mycroft struggles to get hold of it. "Get off. What ...?"

"Give it here." Mycroft finally pulls the phone from Sherlock’s hands and looks at the it. "Back on terra firma." Mycroft said as he read Sherlock's tweet.

Sherlock covers his face as he rolls his eyes, "Don’t read them out."

"Free as a bird." Mycroft continues.

"God, you’re such a spoilsport."

"Will you take this matter seriously, Sherlock?" Mycroft asked, angrily.

"I am taking it seriously." Sherlock said as he looks in his brother, "What makes you think I’m not taking it seriously?"

"Hashtag OhWhatABeautifulMorning." Mycroft read from the phone.

"Look, not so long ago we we're on a mission that meant certain death – our death – and now we're back, in a nice warm office with my big brother and ... Are those ginger nuts?" Sherlock explained and looks excitedly at a plate on the table when he sees it and springs to his feet to walk over there.

"Oh, God." You sigh.

"(y/n), look! Ginger nuts." He said to you while he grabs a handful of the biscuits from the plate.

"Our doctor said you two were clean." Lady Smallwood said, looking at you then to Sherlock.

"I- I am, ma'am." You said.

"I am, utterly." Sherlock said as he turns and looks at Mycroft and walk back beside your chair. "No need for stimulants now, remember? I have work to do." He said, crunching into one of the biscuits.

"You’re high as a kite!" Sir Edwin exclaimed.

Sherlock turns to him, "Natural high, I assure you. Totally natural. I’m just-" he sings dramatically while holding his hands out "-glad to be aliiiiiive!" Sherlock chuckles and lowers his hands, still chomping on his mouthful of biscuit. "What shall we do next? What’s your name?" He asked the elderly woman beside Lady Smallwood.