CHAPTER 16

The three of you were now walking down the stairs leading into Westminster station.

"So it’s a bomb, then? A Tube carriage is carrying a bomb." John asked.

"Must be." Sherlock said.

"Right." John said taking off his glove and he gets his phone from his pocket.

You look at him, "What are you doing?" You asked.

"Calling the police."

"What? No!" You and Sherlock said in unison.

"Sherlock, (y/n), this isn’t a game. They need to evacuate Parliament."

"They’ll get in the way. They always do. This is cleaner, more efficient." Sherlock said, stopping at a locked maintenance entrance.

He reaches something into his coat and takes out a crowbar and starts to force the gate open.

"And illegal." John said.

You smirked, "A bit."

The gate opens and the three of you walked inside. Sherlock pulls the gate closed behind you whilst you take out flashlights and starts to walk down into the maintenance tunnels.

"What are you doing?" Sherlock asked John without looking at him.

John sighing. "Coming. "

The three if you continue onwards for a long time, walking along narrow tunnels and walkways and climbing down steep metal ladders. At long last you walk onto the platform of Sumatra Road station.

You shines your torch along the length of the track but there is no sign of a train. "I don’t understand." You said.

"Well, that’s a first!" John joked.

"There’s nowhere else it could be." You said as you turns to face the track, screwing your eyes shut. "Oh!" You and Sherlock shouted at the same time. Turning to the left, you run towards the end of the platform with Sherlock tailing you behind.

"What?" John curiously asked, chasing after you.

Sherlock was the first to jumps off the end of the platform onto the tracks.

"Hang on. Sherlock?" John said.

"What?"

"That’s ... Isn’t it live?"

"Perfectly safe as long as we avoid touching the rails." You said, jumping off just like Sherlock.

"'course, yeah! Avoid the rails. Great!" John said, and jumps down onto the tracks.

Sherlock leads the way, "This way."

"You two sure about this?" John asked.

"Absolutely." You replied.

You don’t have to walk far before the missing carriage is revealed partway round a gentle bend.

"Ah. Look at that." John said.

You continue on walking, then you look up and sees the large open vent which you just  predicted on your mind. You shines your flashlight into it and Sherlock does the same. "John."

"Hmm?"

"Demolition charges." You said, as you see that there are several small explosive devices attached to the sides of the vent.

The three of you continue walkinh towards the carriage.

John ducked down and shines his light underneath and around the carriage as you approach it and blows out a long breath as you get close.