CHAPTER 40

"Jesus!" John exclaimed.

"Did you notice the one extraordinary thing he did?" Sherlock asked.

"Wh... There was a moment that kind of stuck in the mind, yeah." John said as you walk to the door ensuring that they were already at the stairs.

"Exactly – when he showed us the letters."

"... Okay."

"So he’s brought the letters to London – so no matter what he says, he’s ready to make a deal. Now, Magnussen only makes a deal once he’s established a person’s weaknesses – the ‘pressure point,’ he calls it."

You walk towards the window and looks out to look in Magnussen and his security who is closing the rear door of a car parked outside.

"So, clearly he believes I’m a drug addict and no serious threat." Sherlock said.

"Which is true." You said turning your head to him and rolled your eyes.

"Stop it." He said, "And, of course, because he’s in town tonight, the letters will be in his safe in his London office while he’s out to dinner with the Marketing Group of Great Britain from seven ’til ten."

"How-how do you know his schedule?"

"Obviously, it's because--" you said but Sherlock cuts you off.

"Because I do. Right – I’ll see you tonight. I’ve got some shopping to do." Sherlock said as he heads out to the door and down the stairs.

"What’s tonight?" John shouted.

"I’ll text instructions." Sherlock shouted from the stairs.

"Yeah, I’ll text you if I’m available."

"You are! I checked!" Looking exasperated, John heads for the door and you followed him.

Downstairs, Sherlock goes out of the front door followed by you and John.

"Don’t bring a gun." Sherlock said.

"Why would we bring a gun?" Asked John.

"Or a knife, or a tyre lever. Probably best not to do any arm-spraining, but we’ll see how the night goes." Sherlock raises his arm to an approaching taxi.

"Arm-spraining?" You asked.

"You’re just assuming I’m coming along?" John asked again, not minding what you just said.

"Time you got out of the house, John. You’ve put on seven pounds since you got married, and the cycling isn’t doing it." He opens the cab door and gets in.

"It’s actually four pounds." John corrected.

"Mary and I think seven. See you later." Sherlock sits down on the seat and gives his destination to the driver. "Hatton Garden." Then cab drives away.

John looks at his watch, then you. "It's four, right?"

"Sorry, but... you, Mary and Sherlock were all wrong." You smirked.

"What?" He said, frowning.

"It's actually eight." You chuckled, "Sherlock was right, cycling isn't doing it. You should solve cases with Sherlock or with me again, Jawn." You said as you pat his shoulder and walks toward the door leaving John dumbfounded.

That night you waited for John and Sherlock to the skyscraper of CAM Global News. John was the first to be there and the two of you enter the place and you starts to observe the place.

You and John walks through the revolving doors and approaches the security barriers which need an electronic key card to open them.

The both of you looks around, "Magnussen’s office is on the top floor, just below his private flat but there are fourteen levels of security between us and him two of which aren’t even legal in this country. Want to know how we’re going to break in?"