CHAPTER 61

"Are you fine in here? You can sit there and listen until I finished interrogating her." Mycroft said as the two of you reached the interrogation room.

"I'm fine. Thanks." You said as you take a seat in one of the chairs surrounding one table.

"I know you're tired. If you didn't insist of coming here--"

"Mycroft, I'm fine. I just need to get comfortable." You said starting to get irritated, as you are going to say another word the door slowly opens making a small sound making your head turn to look at it and that's when Sherlock walks inside the room.

"Brother." Sherlock said, "(y/n)! What are you doing here? I thought you're still--" he stopped speaking for a moment when he sees your bandaged leg. "Wha- what happened?!" He asked worriedly and rushed to your side. He kneeled down and examine your legs for a moment, "how did you get thi--"

"I got shot--" you interrupted, but were interrupted yourself.

"And managed to got stabbed too." Sherlock said.

"Yes, I know." You said, rolling your eyes "But I'm fine, as you can see."

Mycroft cleared his throat, clearly wanting you and Sherlock to know that he's still in the room with you. "If you'll excuse me, I'll bring Lady Smallwood in the interrogation room." He said, dismissing himself. "I will be the one who will talk to her. The two of you can watch and listen here." With that he left the room, and you just followed him with your eyes.

When Mycroft is clearly out of the room you glared at Sherlock who's already sitting opposite you, "You did not tell me anything!"

"I'm not supposed to bother you whilst working." He said, crossing his arms.

"If it's about Mary of course you have to tell me, how dare you!"

"Everything is happening so fast and I don't want you to worry about us whilst you're woking. I can handle it by myself."

"But I want to help."

"I know, that's why you're here."

"Yeah."

"What happened? How did you get shot? And stabbed!?"

And again, just like what you said with Mycroft you repeated everything happened while you're on the mission.

"Why did you do that? Why did you kissed him?" He asked, narrowing his eyes. You let out a snort, and he frowns, "funny?" He asked again.

"No, no. It's just.. It's the same question that Mycroft asked me. Same words, same reaction. You two really were brothers." You said, chuckling.

"Do you really have to k-kiss him?"

"Yeah, part of my plan. Why? Are you jealous?" You said, smirking.

He turn his face away from your sight as he blush, "I'm not." He said, crossing his arms.

"If you said so." You said and you let out an small yawn. Maybe the effect of the medicines the you took at the hospital. You relaxed your body to your chair, in case that you fell asleep at least you're body is comfortable enough.

Sherlock looked at you and smiled. A one in a million genuine smile making your heart skipped a beat. "What? Something in my face?" You asked.

"Nothing. Sleepy?" He asked you and you just nodded. He stand up from his seat and sits beside you. "Rest your head here, if you fell asleep I'll wake you up when Mycroft starts talking to her."

You hesitate for a moment, "you sure?" He didn't answer you, he just lean your head to his shoulder. You didn't protest because you know to yourself that you are tired. So to make you more comfortable, you move to rest your head on Sherlock's arm and his breath hitches in his chest slightly before he moves his arm away in order to put it around you. And as you snuggle into his side Sherlock shifts his body a little so he's pressed tightly up against you and he can feel the warmth radiating from your body and you can feel his warmth too making you drifted into sleep slowly.

"Is that sentiment talking?" You heard Mycroft. You were woken up by it and you don't know what's happening but maybe there's an argument again between the brothers. You're still snuggled on Sherlock's side and not making a move hoping you can at least hear more about God knows what they're talking about.

"No. It’s me." Sherlock answered, you can tell that his annoyed by his tone.

"Difficult to tell the difference these days."

"She's my friend. A very special friend. If you can stand seeing her hurting well I cannot."

"I don't have a choice, brother dear. It's her duty to serve the Government."

"Mycroft, I made a promise to myself that I will protect her..." Sherlock paused for a moment. "Even if my life depends on it."

"But remember this, brother mine: agents like Mary and (Y/N) tend not to reach retirement age. They get retired in a pretty permanent sort of way."

"Not on my watch." Sherlock answered, determinedly.

"I'm always with you in terms of protecting her." Mycroft said, looking at you then back to his brother.

With your eyes still closed you heard Mycroft stand up from his seat and exits the room.

You finally open your eyes and hugs Sherlock.

"You-you're awake! Did you heard anything about what we're talking?" He asked, surprised.

You smiled, "Yeah, that you will protect me no matter what." You said, looking at him.

He lowers his gaze and smiles shyly.

"Thank you, seriously." You said, straightening up.

"For what? I mean haven't done anything yet."

"Well, for now. But I know you'll protect me no matter what because you promised."

"Of course, always."

"Always." You repeated, hugging him once again.