CHAPTER 47

"Oh, Jesus." John said, almost whispering. You watch him walks away, while Sherlock looks down at his unconscious brother. John goes into the next door maybe he'll look at Sherlock’s father on the sofa, "Please tell me you two haven’t just gone out of your minds."

Sherlock bends down and takes the silver-grey laptop from the table, pulling it from under where Mycroft has one hand resting on it. "I’d rather keep you guessing."

You check Mycroft's breathing, "Any second now..." you said.

Then a sound of helicopter from the outside can be hear, "Ah. There’s our lift." Sherlock said, smiling.

Very shortly afterwards, as the helicopter flies low past the front of the cottage, John walks down the path with you and Sherlock behind him holding the laptop under his left arm and a coat in his right hand. John goes through the gate as the helicopter lands in the field in front of the cottage.

"Coming?" You asked John, walking to his side.

"Where?"

"D’you want your wife to be safe?" Sherlock asked

"Yeah, of course I do."

All of you turn and look at the helicopter. "Good, because this is going to be incredibly dangerous. One false move and we’ll have betrayed the security of the United Kingdom and be in prison for high treason. Magnussen is quite simply the most dangerous man we’ve ever encountered, and the odds are comprehensively stacked against us." You explained for him.

"But it’s Christmas." John said, indignantly.

Sherlock smiles. "I feel the same." Then he turns and sees John’s expression. His smile fades. "Oh, you mean it's actually Christmas. Did you bring your gun as I suggested?"

"Why would I bring my gun to your parents’ house for Christmas dinner?!"

Holding out the coat in his right hand, Sherlock said, "Is it in your coat?"

"Yes." John said, taking the coat out of his hand.

"Wait, I, erm, also put mine there. Lemme take it." You said, grabbing the coat from John. "Okay! Off we go, then." You said as you got your gun and hands the coat back to John.

The three of you start to walk towards the helicopter. "Where are we going?" John asked.

"Appledore." You and Sherlock said.

After a long awkward ride, finally the helicopter flies down towards the house while you, Sherlock and John look down from inside the vehicle. You all land on the grass not far from the house and sees a security men walk towards the you while another stands on the patio outside the house.

You and the boys got out and are escorted towards the house. Shortly afterwards the security man leads the three of you through an inside area which is lined with large green exotic plants, while another man follows behind.

The security men escort you, Sherlock and John out of an elevator and into the room. You and Sherlock stops a couple of paces in front of the sofa while John stands a little way behind you.

Magnussen nods to his men and they turn and leave. Lifting his glass, he said "I would offer you a drink but it’s very rare and expensive." Then he drinks.

"You know I can buy that too. Go drink it yourself ." You spit back, clearly irritated.

Sherlock turns and sits down on the sofa a couple of feet to Magnussen’s right. He sighs with a contented sound and slaps his hands down on the white leather either side of him, putting the laptop down between himself and the other man, then crosses his legs and clasps his hands in his lap. Then he looks across to the other side of the room. "Oh. It was you." He said calmly.