CHAPTER 19

As soon as you finished arranging your things, you sit on your sofa and opened your laptop to study the files that your friend sent from L.A.

Half an hour passed and you heard your door open. You sigh knowing it was Sherlock. "What do you want?" You asked calmly.

Wearing only his shirt and trousers, Sherlock stopped at your front, "Well.. uh--" he said, getting out of words to say.

"Well what Sherlock?" You asked and looks at him.

"Sorry."

You knits your eyebrows, "What?"

"Not repeating that." He said.

"Whatever." You said, and looks at your laptop again.

He quirk an eyebrow and sits beside you, "What is that?"

"Maps and people." You said, you switch your current tab on your laptop and points the place where you will stay. "Gonna stay there for a while. I already talked to him and I think this will take long."

"What exactly will you do? I mean, is that really important and he needed you?"

"Guess so. This is the last of the favors I owe him, he will not use this unless it's very important." You said.

He saw a picture of a container and points it, "What's inside there?"

"I don't know. He didn't give me any information about the thing, he just emailed me this pictures and maps."

"Okay. So they are your targets?" He asked.

"Obviously." You said.

He chuckled and looks at you, "you know I'm just trying to have a conversation."

"Yeah, I know. I know. You're not that stupid to ask that to me." You said, chuckling too.

"You know, John was offended." He said.

"Yeah? Why?" You said, finally closing your laptop to have a proper conversation with him.

"Well, you told us we're idiots." He said.

You laugh and hit him playfully, "Not gonna lie, but he's an idiot and I'm starting to think that you were too."

He looks offended, "But we're friends!"

"Yeah! That's why I'm saying that." You said, finally calming down.

The two of you were now talking for hours, already drinking your third bottle of wine and were already drunk.

Sherlock forced himself to stand up and stand at your front.

You looked up on him and smiles, "What?"

Looking intensely at you, he starts to lean his face towards yours. Although you know what he will do, you stayed still on your position.

But before he can reach your lips, he stand straight and left you without saying anything.

You blink your eyes rapidly, trying to process what just happened. Your lips were about an inch away to each other and he just left you? That turned you completely sober. You sighs and erase that on your mind.

You didn't noticed that you fell asleep and the sunlight woke you up. You squeeze your eyes and stretch your hands and legs. Then, the happenings of the last night entered your mind, you bit your lip and shook your head, and proceeded to bathroom to have a shower.

Your flight to L.A. is two hours from now, and your still sitting on your couch, still thinking about that. You wanted to erase that thought but your mind won't let that happen.

Sighing, you finally stand up and readied yourself to leave.

Walking towards the front door, with your bags whilst not paying attention to the way because your typing on your phone, you stumble into a toned chest.

Your phone fell unintentionally from your hand, "What the fuck?" You said and looks at the person you stumbled in.

"Sorry." Sherlock said, he bent down and took your phone at the floor.

As soon as he stands, you snatched your phone and starts to walk away, but then stopped when he holds your arm.

"Not even saying goodbye?" He casually said, like he did nothing last night.

"Why should I? You didn't even bother say good night." You spat.

He let go of your arm and looks at you whilst removing his scarf, "Look, what happened last night, it was a mistake. I just need that for ex-experiment." He stuttered.

You were taken aback, shocked that he will do such ridiculous thing to you. Not that you were hoping that he will kiss you, but you're a woman. How dare he, right?

"Pardon?" You said, trying to make him say those words again.

"It's for my experiment. I needed to do that to see how humans react if someone does that to them."

You laugh in disbelief, "What the fuck are you?"

"Huh?"

"Don't fucking talk to me, Sherlock Holmes." Were your last words for him before leaving London.