CHAPTER 42

You waited for the medics and it felt like an eternity before they finally arrived.

HOSPITAL

You're known as the woman with no emotion before you met John and Sherlock. You taught yourself that emotions were just one of the weaknesses that humans have second to love. But after living with them, you finally let yourself to have an emotion and now, you're here at the hospital, crying your heart out loud because of Sherlock.

Why would Mary do that?
Why did she shot Sherlock?
Why did she lied?

Many questions runs in your mind.

"(y/n).. please, stop crying. It's not your fault." John said, drawing circles at your back.

You shake your head, "no.. no, John. It's MY FAULT. I- I left after- John! He could die!"

"Shhh, it's okay.. It's okay.." John said, pulling your head to his chest.

You cry and cry for almost an hour and you didn't noticed that you fell asleep to John's embrace.

When you finally opened your eyes, you felt a pain in your head, "urgh--" suddenly reality hits you back, "Sherlock.." you stand up from the sofa where John lay you,"John.. where's Sherlock. John.."

"Shhh, I'm sleeping." A monotone voice said.

Your eyes widened, "Oh my God, Sherlock." You run towards his bed and hold his hand. "Thank God, you're alive." You whispered.

Sherlock smiles, "Yes, and thank you." He wisphered.

"Y-you made me worried! I'm so sorry..." you said as the tears tries to escape your eyes again. "I'm not supposed to be crying you know, but I don't know why.. you scared me! You bastard!"

"Don't be sorry, I should be the one saying sorry. Did she hurt you too?"

"I'm f-fine. I don't understand... If she has a problem with Magnussen, she can come in either of us."

"We need to think different ways to tell him."

"O-okay." You nodded. "But you need to rest first, then we'll think on how we can tell John tomorrow, okay?" He nodded. You leaned in and kissed his forehead. You let go of his hands and touch his cheek, "I'll be back tomorrow, don't do anything stupid." You said and left the room.

You were on the cab when you taught ablut John's safety. So you dialed his number and calls him.

"(y/n)! Where are you?" John asked.

"Where's Mary?" you asked him.

"Uh- why do you look for Mary? Sherlock asked for her too. That's the first word he said after waking up."

"Err, sh-she.. Sherlock asked for her too, that's why..." you lied.

"Okay..? She's coming later, she still doesn't know that Sherlock pulled through."

"Oh, that's-- that's o-okay. I just called to check on you. I hope you're doing fine. Bye." You said, and immediately ended the call.

221C Baker Street

You fell asleep last night whilst planning your move on telling John the truth. You will keep it between you, Sherlock, John and Mary as much as you can.

You hailed a cab and it pulled up in front of the hospital, you paid the cab and walked fast to Sherlock's room.

Before entering his room, you noticed that there's someone inside. You narrow your eyes and noticed that it's Janine, she kissed Sherlock's forehead and exits the room. "Oh, hey. (y/n).." she greeted awkwardly.

"Hi." you smiled at her. "So... you talked to him? I guess?"

"Yeah, I told him that I have an upcoming interview with The One Show."

You raised an eyebrow, "Oh, that.. that's great..?"

"Do you know too?" She asked.

"Do I know too what?" you asked her quizically.

"That it's nothing.. all of that."

"Err, at first, I didn't know. He didn't tell me anything, I just deduced it, when... err.. uh.. when you two were kis-kissing.."

"How?"

"I no-noticed that.. there's no sincerity.. the way he looked at you.. it's nothing.. I don't know why you didn't noticed it even John, but it's very obvious."

"Oh, that was... crazy." She breathed, she then look at you and smiles weakly, "Yeah, I think I should go now."

You nodded, "Bye." You said, she gave you one last smile before leaving. You bit your lip and open Sherlock's room, "Hey." You greeted.

"Hey." He greeted back.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine, I guess?"

"Yeah, sure you're fine. What did you say to Janine, she seems... upset." You said as you sit to the chair beside his bed.

"I told her that she's a grasping, opportunistic, publicity-hungry tabloid whore."

"What?!" you shouted.

"Ugrh.. don-don't shout. She reset my morphine, and she accused me of being a back-stabbing, heartless, manipulative bastard."

"Well, you deserve that."

"Yeah, whatever." He said rolling his eyes.

You rest your back to the chair and looks at him, "Sherly. I don't know what to do to you anymore."

"Don't call me that." He said, pouting like a child.

"What? You're not into nicknames now, curly?" You teased.

"I said, don't. Can't you understand the word 'dont'? Do I need to explain it to you?"

"Aww. You're so cute, Sherl." You said, pinching his cheeks.

"I hate you."

You put your left hand to your chest and acted like your hurt, "Did I heard you right? You hate me?"

"Yes." He said, looking away from you. You can't help but smile.

Maybe it's because of morphine.

"Fine. Well then, I'll leave now. You hate me, so there's no reason for me to be here." You thought it'll be fun playing along with a drugged Sherlock.

"WHAT?" He looked again to you, eyes widened.

"I'm leaving." You said, standing up and internally fighting yourself on smiling.

"Why?" His face soften and he looked like he will cry anytime.

"You said you hate me? So it's understandable that you don't want me to be here." You said, walking towards the door but he hold you wrist stopping you, "No. I- I don't hate you... just don't leave me alone." He said shyly.

Once again, your heart skipped a beat. It always happen, "Sherlock, I'm just kidding. I'll never leave you." You said, sitting in the chair again.

"Really?" He asked, pouting again. You nodded then smile, he mirrored your smile making you smile wide and then, he did something you didn't expect. He hold your hands and entwined his fingers with yours.

You swallowed and tighten your hold in his hand. Both of you didn't dared to talk, you were just looking at each other's eyes, clearly lost in the moment.