CHAPTER 65

“(Y/N)! (Y/N)!” That’s Mrs. Hudson, banging your door.

You went home with Lestrade. It is Mrs. Hudson we were talking about! You cannot allow anyone to hurt her again.

But when you're finally back, ger problem isn't what you were expecting. Well, you kinda expected that but you just don't want to think about it.

“WHAT?! You can call me without ruining my door!” You shouted.

You opened your door and greeted by a terrified Mrs. Hudson. “What happened?”

“It’s- It’s Sh-”

“I don’t understand you, is that a new language?”

“SHERLOCK!”

“What about him? I heard gun shots upstairs but I don’t think there’s no need to freak out about that, that’s normal.” you said, crossing your arms.

“No, no, no. You’re thinking it wrong. Please, help him.”

You turn your heels and starts to walk back to your flat, “Nope. Not gonna happen.”

“He needs you!” Mrs. Hudson exclaimed, following you.

You stopped walking and closed your fist angrily, “Somebody else. Not me, not now.” you said, not looking at her.

She stormed over you and made you look at her, “Now you just listen to me for once in your stupid life. know Mary’s dead, John is mad at you and I know your heart is broken, but if Sherlock Holmes dies too, who will you have then?” You open your mouth but she keeps talking and pointing an angry finger at you. “Because I tell you something, young lady. You will not have me.” She said, then she storms out of the door.

You groaned, “What a dramatic old lady.” Then followed her. “Okay, okay! I’ll check him, happy now?”

“Thank you! He’s upstairs and I’m planning to bring him to John to examine him. So, you better talk to that man upstairs now. I’m calling for help to bring him to my car because I know he will not follow me.”

“Wait, you said car. You have a car? How?”

“Oh, for God’s sake! I’m the widow of a drug dealer, I own property in central London and for the last bloody time, (y/n), I’m not your housekeeper.”

“No one’s saying you’re a housekeeper.” You whispered, then clapped your hands “Well then, I’m gonna go upstairs and face the devil.”

“Yes, you better do it now.”

▪■▪

You walked upstairs whilst waving your hands. “Okay, calm down.” You said to yourself, then stopped at the landing in front of Sherlock’s flat. “Why do I need to do this again?” You asked yourself, hesitating, but opened the door anyways. There is he, the Great Sherlock Holmes looking like a homeless man in his own home with Culverton Smith’s face all over the house. “Nice decoration, huh. You did this?” you asked him casually.

Sherlock stopped pacing and looks at you. You can tell that he's shocked for a moment. “Yeah, need to see his ugly face. Reminds me of what he’s done.”

“Yeah, a ‘Serial Killer’. You’ve really gone out, eh?”

Struggling to walk towards you, Sherlock says, “No, you need to believe me, he’s- he is the most dangerous, the most despicable human being that I have ever encountered; I’m telling you that this monster must be ended.”

“Let me see it.” you deadpan.

“Sorry? See what?”

“Your arms.” Sherlock just rolled his eyes. You angrily took a step towards him.and grabbed his arm. You pulled up the sleeves of his dressing gown and shirt and as expected there were dark marks on the underside of his arm, where he’s been injecting himself. You let go of his arm and took a step away from him. You've already seen what you needed to see.

“I’m a mess; I’m in hell; but I am not wrong, not about him.” He said, whilst you try your best not to punch him straight in the face. “That creature, that rotting thing, is a living breathing coagulation of human evil, and if the only thing I ever do in this world is drive him out of it, then my life will not have been wasted.”

Sighing, “And you’re trying to say that?” you asked.

He took a breath, and stared at you “Look at me. Can’t do it, not now. Not alone.”

After hearing that, you can't help but laugh hysterically.

"That's not a real laugh." He said.

"That's real! That's the truest laugh that I've ever made in my entire life!" You shouted, and pointed him. "You- You can't? Are you kidding me? You've managed to took drugs by yourself all this bloody time and you're telling me that you need my help?" You said, then shook your head. "You can't trick me Sherlock."

He looks at you softly, "All of these were part of my plan."

"Plan?! Look at you! If you keep taking what you’re taking at the rate you’re taking it, you’ve got weeks!" You said, clearly exasperated.

"Told you part of my plan."

"What? Your plan is to kill yourself? Are you out of your mind?!"

"Please! (y/n). This is not just an ordinary case, this may be my one last shot to bring back John." He pleaded and kneeled in front of you "You're the one who can help me."

"Stand up, Sherlock. You're not like this. You looked so helpless."

"I am. I am helpless. I- I cannot do it knowing that you're not with me. I can only do right things with you, (y/n). Can't do this without your help, without you."