CHAPTER 54

Mary and John are sitting on the sofa, cradling their new daughter. John has his arm around his wife while Mary is holding her daughter’s hand and the new parents are smiling as they pose for the photograph.

You were still on your phone, replying to the other detectives that is currently assigned on the cases that Lestrade asked for help.

You're not really interested in occasions like this, but John threatened you. So here you are, currently sitting on the stairs behind Sherlock who is standing short distance away from Mrs. Hudson and Molly.

You were not really listening to them until they mentioned the name of the child.

"Well, you know what I think." You heard Sherlock said.

"It’s not a girl’s name." Mary and John said in unison.

You smiled, eyes still fixed on your phone. "Well, you still have another choice." You said.

"No. We're not naming her--"

"But it's a girl's name!" You said, ripping your gaze to your phone whilst standing up. "If I were you, I'll name it after a intelligent person, like me or Sherlock." You said, walking beside Sherlock. "Right, Sherl?" You nudge his side.

"She's right." He said.

"It's not an 'IT' and no, we're still not naming our daughter after the two of you." John said.

You rolled your eyes and starts to type to your phone again, "Fine."

Then you received a message from Sherlock,

Dinner tonight?
SH

Your oh so called relationship were still not out with the others so the two of you were still doing things in secret.

You smiles and nodded,

Pick me up at 6pm.
(Your Initials)

You replied on him, then you heard John's voice as he approach the two of you.

"And, uh ... you too, Sherlock, (y/n)?" John called, you quirk an eyebrow but you did not look at him.

"You too what?" Sherlock asked, still typing in his phone.

"Godparents? We’d like you two, to be her godparents."

"God is a ludicrous fiction dreamt up by inadequates who abnegate all responsibility to an invisible magic friend." Sherlock said, and you 'hmmm' in response.

John steps closer and said, "Yeah, but there’ll be cake. Will you do it?"

You glance at him, "We’ll get back to you."

SOME WEEKS LATER

An elderly vicar stands in the font of a church. Mary stands near him while cradling the baby with John beside her, whilst you, Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson, Sherlock and Molly were at the other side of the font.

You were beside Sherlock and still busy on your phones while the Vicar speaks, "Father, we ask you to send your blessings on this water and sanctify it for our use this day, in Christ’s name. Now, what name have you given your daughter?" He asked the couple. Mary and John smile at each other, then Mary turns to the vicar. "Rosamund Mary."

"Rosamund?" Sherlock asked, brows frowning.

"Means ‘rose of the world.’ Rosie for short." Molly wisphered to Sherlock. You glance at Molly's direction and gave her a confused expression, "Didn’t you two get John’s text?" Molly asked.

"No. I delete his texts. I delete any text that begins, ‘Hi.’" Sherlock said.

"And, I don't think I received any or I accidentally deleted it." You said, still looking at your phone.

Molly raises her eyes skywards. "No idea why people think you two were incapable of human emotion." Mrs. Hudson clears her throat pointedly. "Sorry." Molly said, "Phone."

The two of you lowers your phones and puts your hands behind your back.

The vicar is now holding Rosamund, who is grizzling. "And now, godparents are you ready to help the parents of this child in their duties as Christian parents?" The vicar said, while you and Sherlock were continuing to type on your phones behind your back.

"We are." Molly and Mrs. Hudson replied to the Vicar simultaneously whilst you were still busy typing.

Molly looks across to you and elbows Sherlock. Behind his back, a male SIRI voice speaks from his phone. "Sorry, I didn’t catch that. Please repeat the question."

You cleared your throat, "Er.. yes, we are." You said.

You can feel that Molly and Mrs. Hudson both snatched your phone for you to focus on what's happening in your front.

A FEW MONTHS LATER

221B's LIVING ROOM.

You are currently sitting at Sherlock's chair mimicking Sherlock's famous pose (hands under your chin in prayer position) while Sherlock stands in front of the fireplace wearing his camel coloured dressing gown.

You heard him sighs in exasperation, "As ever, Watson, you see but do not observe. To you, the world remains an impenetrable mystery whereas, to me, it is an open book. Hard logic versus romantic whimsy. That is your choice. You fail to connect actions to their consequences. Now, for the last time ...if you want to keep the rattle do not throw the rattle, hm?" He said and presents the rattle to little Rosie, who is currently sitting at her dad's chair.

Across the room, Mary is lying on the sofa fast asleep with one foot up on John’s lap as he sits at the other end with his hand on her leg, also asleep.

Rosie gurgles while she takes the rattle, and promptly throws it in Sherlock’s face, at the exact moment you opened your eyes, causing you to snort and stood up.

"Come on, baby Rosie. I know you're tired of seeing uncle Sherlock's face." you said, lifting her up from the chair, "because I feel the same, if I were you I will not just throw some stuff toys in his face maybe next time throw daddy's chair eh? I'll help you don't worry..." you cooed.

You look at Sherlock who's giving you a angry look, you smile and walk towards him, "what? You want to throw things too?" You said to him, pinching his right cheek.

He pouts and holds Rosie's hands. "Don't be like this woman. Be like me, I'm more intelligent than her." He said.

"Don't believe this puny human, I'll teach you everything I know. You will grow as a beautiful and intelligent woman." You said, smiling.

Sherlock smiles and looks at you, "Like you." He said.

You look at him straight in the eye as your cheeks blush, "I'm sorry?" You said, and you can't stop yourself from smiling. "I'm not beautiful, Sherlock."

"Who said that you're not?" He asked you, brows frowning.

You shrug, "Uh- err.. no one, I just know."

"Well, you're wrong, beautiful." He said, then winks.

You blushed once again and plays with Rosie's hands. "Thank you." You wisphered.

Sherlock chuckles and holds your hand that is holding Rosie's whilst he snakes his other arm to your back, pulling you close to him, "You always look beautiful to me." He said, then he kissed your temples.

You look at him and peck his lips, "We shouldn't be doing this in front of the parents of this child, Sherlock."

He quirk a cute smile and looks at you, "Well, they're fast asleep. Nothing to get worried about."

"Yeah, you're right." You said and chuckled.

"Of course, I'm always right."