CHAPTER 43

You were still holding each others hand and the room were silent until someone cleared  their throat from the doorway.

You quickly snatched your hand away from Sherlock and looks awkwardly on the doorway.

"Am I missing something?" John said.

"Uh- err... HI!" You said in high pitched, "John! What are you doing here? He he"

Sherlock were shocked as you, and no words were escaping in his mouth.

John looks at you and to Sherlock suspiciously, "Uhuh..." He said, he slowly walk towards the sofa still not breaking his gaze to you, "I'm visiting him."

"Oh.. Ha ha ha." You starts to laugh.

"Is- is there anything funny?" John asked.

"Uh- err- nothing! I'm just happy to see you, John." You said.

"okay...?"

"Anyways!" You said, standing up, "I have errands to run! I- I'll be back later."
.
.
.
You really don't have anything to do, so you just wait for John to exit outside the hospital.

Of course you don't have to wait long, you saw him hailed a cab and hop on it. That's your queue to go to Sherlock again.

Once again, you open his door and sit to the chair beside him.

"Finally. I thought John will not leave. I'm tired of faking my sleep." He said, rolling his eyes.

"It's just an hour." You said, leaning your back to the chair, "So, enough with the drama. What do we do about Mary? We need to tell him." You said.

He frowns as he looks at you, "I thought you'll think about it?"

You roll your eyes and chuckled, "I have an idea but you need to get out here first."

"Okay. I'm all ears."

"We'll do it tonight. Are you okay with that?"

He nodded and that's your queue to explain your plan.

EVENING.

John is leading Greg Lestrade up the stairs of the hospital. "Dunno how much sense you’ll get out of him. He’s drugged up, so he’s pretty much babbling." As they reach the top of the stairs and walk along the landing, he looks down at the sound of a beep and realises that Greg is doing something on his phone. "Oh, they won’t let you use that in here, you know."

"No, I’m not gonna use the phone. I just wanna take a video." He and John grin at each other and Lestrade chuckles.

Shortly afterwards John opens the door to Sherlock’s room and they go inside. The bed is empty. John looks round the room, and his face fills with shock when he realises that the window blind has been pulled up and the window is open. "Oh, Jesus." He and Lestrade stare at the window, then John sighs and the two men exchange a look.

A little later Mary, perhaps at home, is on the phone. "So where would he go?" She asked John over the phone.

"Oh, Christ knows. Try finding Sherlock in London." John said as he and Lestrade are on their way out of the hospital.

"He’s got three known bolt holes ..." Lestrade said as they walk away from the hospital, holding his phone to his ear. "Parliament Hill, Camden Lock and Dagmar Court."

----

"Five known bolt holes." Mycroft said, sitting at his desk in his office at The Diogenes Club, looking down at a satellite map on his computer. "There’s the blind greenhouse in Kew Gardens and the leaning tomb in Hampstead Cemetery." He said as he dismissed Lestrade.

---

"Just the spare bedroom. Well... my bedroom. We agreed he needs the space." Molly said, as she nods, looking embarrassed, and takes a drink from her cup.

----

"Behind the clock face of Big Ben." Mrs. Hudson said to John who's sitting on the stairs with a notebook and pen in his hand and Mrs. H stands in the hall nearby.

"I think he was probably joking." John said.

"No! I don’t think so!"
----

"Leinster Gardens. That’s his number one bolt hole. It’s top-top secret." Anderson said, who is standing with a woman in what looks like a car park or garage area, and he is addressing his comments to Mary who stands in front of them.

"He only knows about it ’cause he stalked him one night." The woman said to Mary.

"Followed!" Anderson corrected.

"Followed, yeah."
----

221B.

John is in the living room, pacing while Lestrade and Mrs Hudson are in the kitchen. "He knew who shot him and I know that (y/n) knows it too." The other two turn to face him as he stopped walking and looks at them. He points to his lower chest. "The bullet wound was here, so he was facing whoever it was and (y/n), she's with him when that happens."

"So why not tell us?" Lestrade said, walking closer to John. John turns around towards the window, blowing out a thoughtful breath. "Because they're tracking them down themselves." Lestrade added.

"Or protecting them." John said, turning back to him.

"Protecting the shooter? Why?"

"Well, protecting someone, then. But why would they care? It's (y/n) and Sherlock. Who would they bother protecting?" John said, sitting down in his armchair, then looks down at it and frowns. Looking thoughtful, as he pats the arms of the chair.

"Call me if you hear anything. Don’t hold out on me, John." Lestrade said. John is still looking puzzled over the reappearance of his chair. "Call me, okay?"

Distractedly, glancing round at him, "Yeah. Yeah, right."

Lestrade looks round to Mrs Hudson. "Good night, then."

"Oh ..." She walks over towards the living room door as Lestrade leaves. John strokes the arms of his chair with his thumbs, frowning down. "Bye, then." She said to Greg then turns back to John and looks at him worriedly. "John? Need a cuppa." She walks into the kitchen and John shifts in his chair so that he can half-turn towards her. "Mrs Hudson ... wh-why does Sherlock think that I’ll be moving back in here?"

"Oh, yes, he’s put your chair back again, hasn’t he?"

"Huh." He sits back in the chair again, still looking at it thoughtfully.

"That’s nice!" She has picked up the kettle and now walks closer to him. "Looks much better."

John’s gaze falls on the small table to the right of his chair. There are two books on it and in front of them is an ornate glass bottle, shaped like a crescent moon. He frowns at it.

"John, what’s wrong? Tell me."

John’s gaze is now fixed on the bottle.

"John?"

John looks away from the bottle, turning his head towards the window. His phone starts to buzz repeatedly.

"That’s your phone, isn’t it?" Mrs. Hudson asked as she walks across the room to pick up the phone from the dining table. She looks at the screen and turns back. "It’s Sherlock, John. It’s Sherlock." She holds out the phone to him but John is still gazing towards the window. He turns his head to look at the bottle again. "John! You have to answer it!" But John can’t tear his eyes away from the bottle, looking at the name of the bottle Claire-de-la-lune.